Visitor Policy and Registration Process
- Students can only host one visitor at the same time.
- Visitors must be of traditional college age (17-24).
- Parents and children are not allowed to stay overnight.
- Overnight visitors are permitted to stay in the residence hall/Judson Taylor Leadership House/West Campus Apartments only on weekends (Friday and Saturday).
- Visitors are not permitted during study days or the final exam period. Sunday through Thursday Visitors must leave by 2 a.m.
- Visitors are required to sleep in their host’s room and not in-residence hall/Judson Taylor Leadership House/West Campus Apartments lounges.
- A visitor must be escorted by their host at all times.
- Any student making arrangements for a visitor must first receive consent from their roommate. Students have the right to use their own room for the purposes of studying and sleeping.
Step 1-Visitor Registers
- Visitor must complete form below. Mobile number must be input 100% correct as it will be the main identifier. Mobile numbers are case sensitive, visitors should input in the following format... example: 6078675309. Avoid including any spaces or non numerical characters.
- Visitor is required to submit a clear photo of themselves
- Once form is complete, visitor will receive an email with a confirmation link and code
- Input the code to confirm your registration
- Visitor must ensure the email and cellular number provided is correct
Step 2- Student Host Creates Visitor Pass
- Visit your housing self service page
- Log into MyRedDragon
- Select the Student Tab
- Look for the “Residence Life & Housing” Section in the middle towards the bottom of the page
- Select “Housing Process and Information (view your room assignment)” link
- On the left side menu- click "Visitor Registration"
- Input the visitor phone number
- Select "Day" as pass type if visitor is only visiting between 8am-9pm
- Select "Overnight" as pass type if visitor is staying over night
- Note: this is only allowed for Friday through Saturday night between the hours of 9pm-8am.
- Select the date and time frame
- Agree to visitor policy and create visitor pass
Step 3- Visitor Receives Pass
- Visitor will receive pass via text message
- Visitor must present pass if requested by a university administrator, this includes RA staff.
- For information regarding parking, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-753-4123.
- Hours of operation are 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday
Students less than 21 years of age may not use, possess, distribute, sell or be knowingly in the presence of alcoholic beverages on the college campus or in the Cortland community except as expressly permitted by law and College policy. The only exception is that underage students who reside with students of legal drinking age may be in the presence of alcohol in their assigned student residence hall room, provided these underage roommates do not distribute, sell, possess or consume alcohol.
Alcohol may be consumed by students or guests over 21 years of age only in student residence hall rooms if the residents responsible for the room are at least 21 years of age. Students present in a room where any alcohol is being consumed by under 21 year olds are in violation of the alcohol policy.
Quiet hours in each residence hall/Judson Taylor Leadership House/West Campus Apartments are designated from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. Sunday -Thursday; and on weekends (Friday and Saturday), from 12 a.m. to 11 a.m. Quiet hours are defined as time during which all students should be able to sleep and/or study without disruption and that noise should not be heard outside the room, including from outside of the building.
Because of the possibility of fires in the residence halls/Judson Taylor Leadership House/West Campus Apartments, the residence hall staff is especially concerned with taking all possible precautions to guard against fire. As a resident, you should take every precaution to guard against the possibility of fire and during your first floor meeting you will be made aware of fire safety techniques. You will be held responsible for any action which endangers others. Failure to evacuate a residence hall/Judson Taylor Leadership House/West Campus Apartments during an alarm is considered a serious violation of College policy.