Graduate Student Support

Welcome Graduate Students!

The staff members in Advisement and Transition are here to offer support and resource information to help you be successful and connect to campus as you continue your education. 

We can assist you with referral resources, information and support. Email us or call our office when you have questions (607-753-4726).

Graduate Admissions may also provide helpful information on available programs and application assistance.

New graduate students: Don't forget to visit the Next Steps for New Graduate Students website for helpful information and next steps to take to start classes at SUNY Cortland. 

Keep Connected at Cortland

It is important to check your email account for official communications on a regular basis. email can be accessed on myRedDragon on the Home tab, look for the "webmail" link.

For assistance with technology issues in accessing online learning platforms, contact The Help Center 607-753-2500.

Graduate Housing at West Campus Apartments

For details visit Residence Life and Housing Graduate Student Housing.

Degree Works is Your Degree Audit

Use Degree Works to track your academic progress through your program.  Find it on the Student Tab in myRedDragon. Watch a brief video tutorial.

Non-Traditional Student Lounge is Open to Graduate Students

The Non-Traditional Student Lounge is located in Cornish Hall, Room 1221. Please feel free to stop by when the lounge is open during the fall and spring semesters.

The lounge features a refrigerator, microwave, computers, tables and chairs for studying, a coffeemaker and best of all, other graduate and non-traditional students to get to know.

Title IX: Information for Students, Employees and Visitors

All students, as well as other persons, at SUNY Cortland are protected by Title IX, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, part- or full-time status, disability, race or national origin, in all aspects of SUNY Cortland's educational programs and activities. More information is available on the Title IX website.

Contacting State Education Agencies

For students in education programs, the following information is to help New York residents and students residing outside of New York contact their state education agencies with any concerns or complaints: New York State Education Department - Complaint Process.

To find information on agencies in all states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands: National Council for State Authorization of Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) website

Advisement and Transition
Memorial Library, Room A-111

Phone: 607-753-4726

Fax: 607-753-5593
8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday