The Non-Traditional Student Lounge is located in Cornish Hall, Room 1221.
Welcome Non-Traditional and Graduate Students!
A place to relax, catch up on some homework, or use a computer. Meet other adult students.
- Rules for SPRING 2022 semester (Safety):
- facial coverings must be worn unless actively eating/drinking
- please sign-in when you use the lounge
- Fall and Spring semester general hours:
Open Monday - Thursday 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Friday 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Closed during the summer and winter sessions.
- Great location
- located on upper campus - in the building across from Memorial Library
- Restrooms are just down the hall
- Refrigerator and microwave
- Other non-traditional and graduate students to converse with
- Computer area that includes:
- 3 personal computers with Microsoft Office and Internet access
- CAC reader for military students
- Couch, chairs, tables and study carrel
When using the Non-Traditional Student Lounge
- Face masks must be worn regardless of vaccination status.
- Sign-in when you use the room - this is how we know how many people are using the lounge
- Keep it clean - please pick up after yourself. (This includes cleaning the coffee pot.)
- Though this is not a quiet study lounge, PLEASE be courteous of your fellow non-trad students who are studying and using the room
- Feel free to bring in other comforts of home that you may wish to share with other non-trad students using the room (blankets, pillows, food, etc.)
- Do NOT leave any child (regardless of age) unattended.
- Please don't try to fix the computers or add additional software - contact the Help Desk 607-753-2500 if a computer needs to be fixed.
- Need a quiet place to study? The fourth floor of the library has carrels that you can reserve. Carrels are small study areas that lock! You can leave your books, computers, etc. there. Click here for the reservation form. You may only want one while working on a special project or you may want to use one all year. If you don't want a carrel, check out the fourth floor of the library anyway-it has great couches and chairs and is usually quiet.