Beginning in May, you can sign up for an online summer advising session through your myRedDragon.
Follow these steps:
- Select "Admissions" from the top header in myRedDragon.
- Locate the "Orientation" box on the right side of the page.
- Select the menu link "New Student Orientation Sign Up".
- Complete all of the required fields, including providing information about any courses completed for which you received college credit (AP, IB, courses offered through local college). For specific information, review First-Year Students with College Credit.
PRE majors (undecided students): before signing up, review the Learning Community booklet and other Pre-major information. This will help you determine your preferences for your learning community options (required).
- Select your summer session date.
- Add information about a family member who would like to receive information about SUNY Cortland.
- Confirm your reservation.
After you have selected your summer session date, you will complete the online orientation to learn about:
- paying for college
- living on campus
- safety and community expectations
Summer advising, registration, and meeting other students
Specific dates for these sessions are determined by your major. Each session occurs online via WebEx between 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. During this time you will:
- meet your Orientation Assistant and learn about your day (10:30 a.m.)
- learn about your major in a small group setting with a faculty member (11:15 a.m.)
- individually discuss your schedule with a faculty member (a 25-minute discussion time will be assigned to you between 12:15 and 3:15 p.m.)
- meet other new students and discuss life at SUNY Cortland during a small group meeting with your Orientation Assistant (3:30-4:30 p.m.)
You will select your specific date through the Orientation Sign Up process in myRedDragon.
All new students will arrive on campus and move into their assigned residence hall the week prior to classes starting. Welcome week activities will occur throughout the week. Schedule coming soon!
Details about the move-in process, including specific move-in dates and times will be shared by Residence Life and Housing in the coming weeks. Housing assignments will be available in myRedDragon beginning August 1.
The new student fee on your student bill covers the cost of online orientation, advising and registration, your ID card, Student Planner and activities throughout Welcome Week.