Orientation Assistant applications available!
Orientation assistants (OAs) help new students adjust to life at SUNY Cortland. OAs are knowledgeable about the campus, act as role models, are leaders ad serve as representatives of SUNY Cortland.
June 11 through July 18, 2020 (including some weekends) and a portion of the August orientation (Aug. 27-Sept. 4)
- Participate in OA training on college policies, education requirements and services, team building and leadership development
- Assist in the preparation of Orientation activities and materials
- Facilitate large and small group discussions on college life, academics and degree requirements for graduation
- Help new students and family members feel comfortable by being responsive to and aware of their needs and concerns
- Stay in the Orientation residence halls and supervise attendees during the program
- Assist new students with the registration and scheduling process
- Build working relationships with other OAs, faculty, staff and administrators on campus
- Maintain a positive attitude toward SUNY Cortland
- The Orientation Assistant position is the primary position during this time (you are not enrolled in summer session classes or have additional employment)
- $2,000 stipend
- Room on campus
- Meals during designated program times
- Develop leadership skills
- Build relationships with peers, faculty and staff
- SUNY Cortland undergraduate student attending Cortland in the Fall 2020
- Good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Good judicial standing (no current judicial sanctions)
- Evidence of academic excellence and co-curricular involvement
- Ability to maintain a positive and flexible attitude
- Desire to work with students, faculty and staff
- Complete application on the jobs website.
- Email the link for the recommendation forms to your two faculty/staff recommendations. Recommendations must be submitted online in order for the application to be complete.
- Attend your group interview at the Student Life Center, Room 1104.
- Attend your individual interview during the week of March 9. Specific date, time and location will be emailed to you by noon on March 6.
- Check your mailbox for your decision the letter the week of March 23.
Friday, Feb. 28
Contact William Bellingham at email@example.com.
Administrative Coordinator Applications Available
The administrative coordinator (AC) plays a vital role in helping the Advisement and Transition staff meet the administrative needs of our Orientation program by spending significant time in the office preparing for each session by printing lists, gathering supplies and organizing materials.
AC Time Commitment: June 8 - July 22, 2020
Application Deadline: Friday, Feb. 14
Apply online for the administrative coordinator position!
Program Assistant Applications Available
The program assistant (PA) works closely with the Advisement and Transition staff in completing various tasks related to the implementation and running of the Orientation program, especially concerning evening programming.
PA Time Commitment: May 28 - July 22, 2020
Application deadline: Friday, Feb. 14
Apply online for the program assistant position!
NODA Intern/Orientation Assistant Supervisor
Join our Orientation Team as a NODA Intern/Orientation Assistant Supervisor.
Internship information and description available on the NODA website.
See what former NODA Interns have to say about their experience.
Learn more about reflections from NODA interns