Become an Orientation Assistant!
Orientation assistants (OAs) help new students adjust to life at SUNY Cortland. OAs are knowledgeable about the campus, act as role models, are leaders, and serve as representatives of SUNY Cortland.
June 9 through July 22, 2022 (including some weekends with a weekend at Raquette Lake)
- Participate in OA training on college policies, education requirements and services, team building and leadership development
- Assist in the preparation of Orientation activities and materials
- Facilitate large and small group discussions on college life, academics and degree requirements for graduation
- Help new students and family members feel comfortable by being responsive to and aware of their needs and concerns
- Assist new students with the registration and scheduling process
- Build working relationships with other OAs, faculty, staff and administrators on campus
- Maintain a positive attitude toward SUNY Cortland
- The Orientation Assistant position is the primary position during this time (you are not enrolled in summer session classes or have additional employment)
- $3,300 stipend
- Room on campus
- Meals during designated program times
- Develop leadership skills
- Build relationships with peers, faculty and staff
- SUNY Cortland undergraduate student attending Cortland in the Fall 2022
- Good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (2.5 preferred)
- Evidence of academic excellence and co-curricular involvement
- Ability to maintain a positive and flexible attitude
- Desire to work with students, faculty and staff
- Complete application on the Cortland jobs website. The application will be available late January.
- Email the link for the recommendation forms to your two faculty/staff recommendations. Recommendations must be submitted online in order for the application to be complete.
- Attend your group interview the week of March 21.
- Attend your individual interview during the week of March 28. Specific date, time and location will be emailed to you by noon on March 23.
- Check your mailbox for your decision the letter the week of April 4.
Application deadline: March 11, 2022
Contact Anna Schrauth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Coordinator Applications Available
The administrative coordinator (AC) plays a vital role in helping the Advisement and Transition staff meet the administrative needs of our Orientation program by spending significant time in the office preparing for each session by printing lists, gathering supplies and organizing materials.
AC Time Commitment: June 6 - July 27, 2022
Application Deadline: February 25, 2022
Program Assistant Applications Available
The program assistant (PA) works closely with the Advisement and Transition staff in completing various tasks related to the implementation and running of the Orientation program, especially concerning evening programming.
PA Time Commitment: May 26 - July 27, 2022
Application deadline: February 25, 2022
NODA Intern/Orientation Assistant Supervisor
Join our Orientation Team as a NODA Intern/Orientation Assistant Supervisor.
Internship information and description available on the NODA website.
See what former NODA Interns have to say about their experience.
Learn more about reflections from NODA interns