Below is a list of forms or applications you may need to submit related to the financial aid process.

We strongly encourage you to submit forms electronically via the Document Submission Portal.

Forms can also be faxed or mailed to the SUNY Cortland Financial Aid Office.

2020-2021 Aid Year Forms
(Summer 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021)

Instructions and How-to Guides

Other Resources

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

TAP — New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)

Federal Direct Loans



Student Loan Service Center (Perkins Repayment Center)

Selective Service

Social Security Administration

U.S. Department of Education

Determine Which Verification Form You Need

2020-2021 Verification Forms
(Summer 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021)

Answer the following questions to determine which verification form to submit:

  1. Were you born before Jan. 1, 1997?
  2. Are you a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces?
  3. Will you be working on a master's program during the school year 2020-2021?
  4. As of today are you married?
  5. Are you an orphan or ward of the court, or were you a ward of the court until age 18?
  6. Do you have any dependents (other than your children or spouse) who live with you and who received more than half of their support from you, now through June 30, 2021?

If you answered no to all the questions, select 2021 Dependent Verification Worksheet (PDF)

If you answered yes to any of the questions, select  2021 Independent Verification Worksheet (PDF)