Future Students


Students sitting outside on campus

As an affordable choice for your higher education, SUNY Cortland offers exceptional value for the investment you make in your future. A recent survey found that we spend more on actual instruction than many other schools. You’ll be pleased to discover our reasonable costs for tuition, fees, living expenses, books and transportation.

Financial Aid

A student meets with a financial aid advisor

The Financial Aid Office provides a broad range of financial aid services. Make this your first stop when looking for resources to help you fund an affordable education at SUNY Cortland. Nearly 80 percent of SUNY Cortland students receive some form of financial aid.


Students working out a problem in Bowers Hall

As an undergraduate student, you can choose from a wide variety of majors and minors. As a graduate student, you can select from numerous signature programs.

A kinesiology student and instructor collaborate at a computer

All will allow you to carry the momentum forward through multidisciplinary course work, internships, fieldwork and experience-based learning opportunities in the Cortland community and beyond.

Get Your Game On

Sport Clubs

Cortland men's ice hockey in action

Make new friends and get serious about your favorite activities through one of our many Sport Clubs. Learn a new sport, improve your skills and compete against other schools in groups that include skiing/snowboarding, ultimate Frisbee, dance, rugby or outdoor adventuring.


Students engaged in an intramural game

Pickleball, Wallyball, Broomball are just some of the fun sports the Intramural Sports program has to offer. Close to half of the undergraduate population participates in at least one intramural sport.

Night Life/Downtown

RaeLynn in concert

Cortland Nites is a series of scheduled events sponsored by Campus Activities. There is at least one event each week such as Laser Tag, $3 Movie Night, World Sports Tournament, etc.

You also can visit downtown for festivals, concerts, charities and events going on in Cortland. There is always something to do.

Cortland Bus

SUNY Cortland Propane-Powered bus

The Cortland bus runs frequently throughout the day, providing transportation to Corey Union, Neubig Hall, Park Center, the Route 281 lot, West Campus Apartments and Moffett Center. You can take the weekend shopping bus to Walmart and Price Chopper. Friday and Saturday there is a downtown shuttle, which offers students transportation to Main Street.

Where's the bus now?

There's a Club for That

You’re on the move and you can feel the momentum everywhere. You can become a part of our team — our family — and you’ll always find something to do.

Students tabling for Women of Color

With more than 100 clubs and organizations including sport clubs, you’re sure to find a match for your interests and your enthusiasm for new experiences.

Dining Facilities

We have nine facilities each offering a different dining experience. They include Neubig Dining, Dragon’s Court, Hilltop, Raquette Pizza, The Bistro Off Broadway, Dunkin Donuts, Poolside Snack Bar, The Bookmark and Dragon’s Den.

Whether you live on campus, at West Campus Apartments or in your own apartment, eating on campus with a meal plan is less expensive and more convenient.

Visit ASC Dining Services.


All freshman are allowed to have a car on campus. You must park in the Route 281 lot, which is easily accessible. The Cortland bus makes frequent runs between this parking lot and middle and upper campus.

Parking Permits

Visit the Campus

Tour guides pose outside of Miller Building

Our tour guides are ready to show you around.


Summit Federal Credit Union logo

The Summit Federal Credit Union is the exclusive credit union for SUNY Cortland employees and students. The Summit is a not-for-profit financial institution owned and operated exclusively by its members, offering you more benefits such as lower or no fees, competitive loan rates and higher dividends on your savings.



Neubig Hall across from the College Store
Visit Summit's site for hours


Neubig Hall (24-hour access)
Student Life Center

Campus Safety

University Police Department

Twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year, the University Police Department looks out for your safety.

A SUNY Cortland police office inside a police vehicle.

Blue Light System

Across campus, 28 emergency blue-light phones make the reporting of serious incidents easier and quicker. Each emergency phone is attached to a light pole or building.