Transfer Credit Services

Advisement and Transition is committed to the smooth transfer of students into our academic programs. 

We provide transfer credit evaluations for new, accepted students and coordinate the permission to transfer credit process for current undergraduate students interested in taking courses at another college.  We also serve as a resource for both students and faculty for questions about transfer credit policies and procedures.

Submitting Permission to Transfer Credit Requests from Off-Campus

Due to the changes in campus instruction and housing in response to the COVID-19 virus, we recognize that academic advising will happen in a distance format (phone, email, etc.).  We want to minimize disruptions as you make plans for summer 2020 coursework.  If you are planning on undergraduate coursework at another institution, Advisement and Transition still wants to ensure that the courses will transfer and meet degree requirements as you anticipate. 

  • Complete the web-based Permission to Transfer Credit form
    • You will be notified via email on your approval status.
    • Advisement and Transition will reach out to your academic department for review/approval as needed.

To find courses at other campuses:

  • Utilize Open SUNY to find online course offerings throughout the SUNY system.  For Non-SUNY campuses, utilize their online course schedule.  
  • Continue to utilize Cortland's Transfer Equivalency Charts to determine how the courses will transfer.
  • Discuss your plans with your academic advisor via phone or email. 

Advisement and Transition
Memorial Library
Room A-111

Phone: 607-753-4726

Fax: 607-753-5593
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.