Requesting Transcripts

To grant transfer credit, SUNY Cortland requires official transcripts or test scores from all credit-granting institutions to be sent directly to Cortland.  Sealed official transcripts from a college that are opened by anyone other than a Cortland staff member become unofficial.  Faxed transcripts are also deemed unofficial. 

Mailing Address

New students:

SUNY Cortland Admissions Office, P.O. Box 2000, Cortland, NY  13045
For colleges that offer electronic transcript transmission, you can direct your request to:

Current Cortland students:

SUNY Cortland Registrar's Office,  P.O. Box 2000, Cortland, NY  13045
For colleges that offer electronic transcript transmission, you can direct your request to:

College Transcript

You will be able to order an Official College Transcript from the Registrar/Student Records office at your prior college(s) and request that the transcript be mailed to the address listed above.  Be sure to verify that the information we need is posted on the transcript.  When making your request, you typically have the option to "hold for degree" or "hold for final grades."    

Students transferring from another SUNY institution should ensure that a SUNY General Education Transcript Addendum (GETA) accompany their transcript to SUNY Cortland to document the general education categories they have fulfilled at the prior institution.  Students are encouraged to have transcripts sent directly from the previous institution's registrar's office to ensure a GETA is sent. Hand-delivered transcripts from students may not include the addendum. 

SUNY students can search the SUNY website for how to request a transcript from another SUNY campus. 

High School Transcript

Although your high school transcript may not have been required for you to be accepted to Cortland, your New York State high school transcript is necessary for advising purposes.  To be placed in the appropriate U.S. History and Foreign Language courses, please have your high school send us a Final High School Transcript with Regents Exam scores listed.  

CLEP Exam Scores

When you take the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exam, you can indicate that you want your scores sent to SUNY Cortland. Use the above address. To request a transcript after an exam is complete, you can use the CLEP Transcript Request Form.  CLEP customer service can be reached at:  800-257-9558 or at Please include your name, address, and telephone number in your email correspondence.   

Military Credit

Students who served in the Army, Army National Guard, or U.S. Army Reserve should request an AARTS transcript: Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System. Students who served in the Navy or Marine Corps should request a SMART transcript: Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript.  

AARTS or SMART Transcripts can be requested through the Joint Services Transcript (JST) system.  You will need your Common Access Card (CAC) to register for a JST account.  SUNY Cortland can be found in the system under "State University of New York, Cortland."

Advanced Placement Exam Scores

If you requested your scores to be sent to SUNY Cortland at the time you took the exam(s), the College Board will send your scores directly to SUNY Cortland, typically in mid-July.  If you did not request your scores to be sent to Cortland at the time of your exam(s), you will need to request an official score report from the College Board.  The fee for score reports ranges from $15-$25.  Scores can be requested online or by mail/fax.  Visit AP Score Reporting Services for more information.  SUNY Cortland's four-digit CEEB college code is 2538.  

International Baccalaureate 

Visit IB's Transcript Request site to complete the transcript request form.  There will be a fee for processing. Questions can be directed to IB Support

Advisement and Transition
Memorial Library, Room A-111

Phone: 607-753-4726

Fax: 607-753-5593
8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday