You must sign up through your myRedDragon account for one of the following three options. (The orientation reservation system will be available starting Nov. 25.) Session dates are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Option 1: Tuesday, Jan. 7 from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Check-in at 8:30 a.m. in Sperry Center.
- Includes lunch
- There is also a concurrent parent/guest program with a program fee of $25.
- You must sign up by December 19 to attend this session!
Option 2: Thursday, Jan. 23 from 4-8 p.m.
Advising and registration at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, January 24
- Check-in at 4 p.m. in the Corey Union lobby.
- Includes dinner
- NOTE: This program is designed for students only. A concurrent parent/guest program is not offered.
Option 3: Friday, January 24 at 8:30 a.m.
- ONLY includes advisement and registration!
- Check-in at 8:30 a.m. in Old Main first floor lobby.
Sign up to attend
You will receive a mailing in mid-November. You can then sign up for a specific session through your myRedDragon.
- Select the Admissions tab in myRedDragon.
- Select the menu link "New Student Orientation Sign Up" in the Orientation box.
- Answer all questions, add any guests attending, and pay any guest orientation fees.
- Print your email confirmation.
The family/guest program fee for January 7 is $25 per person. This includes:
- lunch and refreshments
The cost of the Orientation program is covered by your new student fee, which will appear on your student bill. The fee also covers your ID card, programming for the first few weeks of the semester, and your Student Planner.
What to expect during Orientation
All incoming students attend one of our programs. Our program is built on providing you with strategies to be successful by helping you make a smooth transition. Through the program you will:
- Learn about campus resources
- Learn about your transfer credit evaluation
- Learn about academic and campus policies
- Have a small group meeting with a faculty advisor
- Register for classes
- Meet other new students
What to bring with you
- Your Orientation confirmation
- Appropriate clothes and shoes for the weather
- Unofficial transcripts for any course work you are currently taking or for which we may not yet have a transcript
- Your completed health forms (if you have not already returned them to Health Services)
- Your questions and concerns
Directions to SUNY Cortland
Transfer Student Services
Non-Traditional Student Services