course schedule is available for anyone
to search for classes for registration.
The schedule gives you the ability to use a variety of search features and filters to look for courses. After selecting the semester you are interested in, you may search by course prefix, course number, course attribute, course status, and course title. Course Schedule
If you are a visiting student (non-matriculated student) attempting to register, please access our visiting student page for policies and registration instructions. You may also review our cross-registration instructions if you are planning to attend using the SUNY cross-registration agreement. Please do not hesitate to contact the Student Registration and Records Services if you have any questions about visitor registration or cross-registration.
Many courses will have multiple elements associated with them. For example, many of the science courses offered at Cortland have a lecture and a lab component. When viewing the public schedule, the lecture will appear at the top of the list, with the labs appearing below and indented.
This indicates that these courses are linked, and you must register for the lecture, and the lab (or one of multiple lab options). The section identification guide will help you identify section types.
You may have the opportunity to audit a SUNY Cortland class if space is available and you have the appropriate permissions. Auditing permission may be granted to current SUNY Cortland students, students attending other institutions, and community members.
As an auditor, you may be exempt from completing assignments and exams, but you may be required to participate fully in the class and associated activities. You should seek to clarify the instructor's expectations when seeking permission to audit.
Persons 60 Years of Age or Older
Effective Sept. 1, 1974, Chapter 1002 of the Session Laws of New York 1974 amends sections 355 and 6303 of the Education Law to permit persons 60 years of age and older to enroll in courses at colleges in State University of New York without tuition, examination, grading, or credit. The permission to enroll is on a space available basis as determined by the president of the College involved and provided that such audit attendance will not interfere with the attendance of otherwise qualified students.
- Complete the Petition to Audit form (PDF), with appropriate approvals.
- Submit form to Student Registrations and Records Services no later than the first week of the class. If you have not attended Cortland before, and are not a current faculty or staff member, you will be required to complete the Student Conduct form (PDF). You must also provide medical and immunization forms to Student Health Services before the end of the first week of class.
- Auditors are also eligible to apply for a weekly guest account that will enable access to myRedDragon services and allow for the use of college computer labs. Auditors are not eligible for a college email account.
- If your instructor requires you to have web access to Blackboard, you must contact the Help Center at 607-753-2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to access Blackboard.
Paper/alternate registration is provided to accommodate certain transactions that cannot be completed in myRedDragon. Please review the registration calendar to determine when the form is accepted. This form is provided for:
- Registration for visiting students (non-matriculated) who are registering where web registration is closed, but the drop/add period is still open.
- Registration for all students who are registering in summer and winter session where web registration is closed but the drop/add period is still open.
- Specialized registration to accommodate extended learning courses, "College in the High Schools" courses, and Reading Recovery programs.
- Exceptional registration transactions with Associate Dean approval.
You are invited to come to the office to work with a trained staff member to complete your registration. When registering in person, you will be able to complete the entire process at once. When faxing or mailing, please be sure your request will arrive at least 24 hours before any applicable deadlines.
- Find your course using the online course schedule.
Find courses using the searchable online schedule. You will need the CRN (course reference number) and the course subject, number and section to register. Please review all course details and requirements carefully.
- Complete the Visiting Student Information Form (if you are a visiting / non-matriculated student).
Students will complete this form prior to submitting the registration form. Students must have an active record and a Cortland ID number to register.
- Obtain permission or receive pre-requisite verification before submitting the Schedule Change / Alternate Registration Form.
You must obtain all permissions and fulfill all obligations for course entry (including fulfilling pre-requisites) before submitting this request. If you do not have the required permissions in place, you cannot be registered.
- Complete the Schedule Change / Alternate Registration Form (PDF) and provide payment.
Contact Student Accounts for payment details if required. If your payment method is invalid or declined by student accounts you will be de-registered, and will be required to resubmit your request with valid payment. Students who cannot provide payment on the form may pay by establishing payment arrangements with Student Accounts and/or Financial Aid when on campus.
- Students applying for/receiving financial aid are still required to submit payment information when faxing or mailing the alternate registration form. If sufficient aid is in place and finalized your payment method will not be charged. Please consult the Financial Aid office for information regarding your aid package, and to be certain you have completed all of the needed steps for accepting and finalizing your aid package.
- Students with billing questions are strongly urged to contact Student Accounts in advance to be sure they understand liability and cost. You should resolve your payment inquiries and questions with Student Accounts prior to submitting the form.
- The Student Registration and Records Services office will not accept forms where restrictions, limits, notes regarding payment methods, or payment / cost inquiries are included on the form or when payment is not included.
- Student Registration and Records Services will contact you via email.
We will send you an email confirming your registration, and (if required) we will also include your Cortland ID and system login information. If you do not receive a confirmation, you should follow up with the office to confirm your form was received.
Student Requirements & Obligations
According to NYS law and SUNY policy, students must also review and complete the following. Failure to complete requirements can result in administrative holds on your account and/or the removal of courses.
- Code of Student Conduct Review and Affirmation
SUNY policy requires that all SUNY Cortland students review and agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct and other related policies when they enroll at the College. Visit the Student Conduct Office page for advanced details, and to review the complete Code of Student Conduct. When completing the registration form, you will be asked to affirm the code of conduct.
- Submit Any Required Immunization and Health Forms
Students are required to complete immunization requirements when attending classes on campus. Please visit the Student Health Service site for information concerning immunization and health history requirements.
Form and Document Delivery
Email is not a secure medium for transmitting private data or credit card information. You may not email the forms below. Only faxed or mailed forms (USPS or FedEx) are accepted in accord with PCI DSS and regulatory standards.
Required Forms and Information
Alternate Registration forms must include payment. Incomplete forms will be returned without processing.
You must calculate and provide the tuition and fee amount on the form. Please contact Student Accounts if you have tuition or fee inquiries.