The online course schedule is available for anyone to search for classes for registration. The schedule gives you the ability to use a variety of search features and filters to look for courses. After selecting the semester you are interested in, you may search by course prefix, course number, course attribute, course status, and course title.
Learn how to use the online public course schedule by reviewing our help guide.
Students are encouraged to visit our registration calendar to see when registration begins.
- Undergraduate students shall meet with an advisor to plan their schedule and obtain a PIN for registration.
- Graduate students do not require a PIN to register.
- Once time tickets are made active you will be able to see your registration time frame in myRedDragon under the Registrar's Channel, Online Registration.
- Undergraduate students are assigned time tickets based on earned credit hours.
- Any "holds" on your record must be resolved before registration.
- Registration guidance, FAQs and information is also published by Advisement and Transition.
If you are a visiting student (non-matriculated student) attempting to register, please access our visiting student page for policies and registration instructions. You may also review our cross-registration instructions if you are planning to attend using the SUNY cross-registration agreement. Please do not hesitate to contact the Student Registration and Records Services if you have any questions about visitor registration or cross-registration.
Learn more about how to access your personal class schedule, and understand temporary course formats in place during the COVID-19 health crisis.
Many courses will have multiple elements associated with them. For example, many of the science courses offered at Cortland have a lecture and a lab component. When viewing the public schedule, the lecture will appear at the top of the list, with the labs appearing below and indented.
This indicates that these courses are linked, and you must register for the lecture, and the lab (or one of multiple lab options).
Learn what the campus location and building codes mean by using our online guide.
Location Code Chart
Paper/alternate registration is provided to accommodate certain transactions that cannot be completed in myRedDragon. Please review the registration calendar to determine when the form is accepted. This form is provided for:
- Registration for visiting students (non-matriculated) who are registering where web registration is closed, but the drop/add period is still open.
- Registration for all students who are registering in summer and winter session where web registration is closed but the drop/add period is still open.
- Specialized registration to accommodate extended learning courses, "College in the High Schools" courses, and Reading Recovery programs.
- Exceptional registration transactions with Associate Dean approval.
You are invited to come to the office to work with a trained staff member to complete your registration. When registering in person, you will be able to complete the entire process at once. When faxing or mailing, please be sure your request will arrive at least 24 hours before any applicable deadlines.
- Find your course using the online course schedule.
Find courses using the searchable online schedule. You will need the CRN (course reference number) and the course subject, number and section to register. Please review all course details and requirements carefully.
- Complete the Visiting Student Information Form (if you are a visiting / non-matriculated student).
Students will complete this form prior to submitting the registration form. Students must have an active record and a Cortland ID number to register. It takes 12 hours (overnight) to assign a user name, password and time ticket.
- Obtain permission or receive pre-requisite verification before submitting the Schedule Change / Alternate Registration Form.
You must obtain all permissions and fulfill all obligations for course entry (including fulfilling pre-requisites) before submitting this request. If you do not have the required permissions in place, you cannot be registered.
- Complete the Schedule Change / Alternate Registration Form.
Use the online form to complete your registration. You will be required to have an active SUNY Cortland login to use the form. After you submit your request, you will receive an information email.
- Student Registration and Records Services will contact you via email.
We will send you an email confirming your registration, and (if required) we will also include your Cortland ID and system login information. If you do not receive a confirmation, you should follow up with the office to confirm your form was received.
- Pay tuition within 72 hours or prior to the drop deadline (whichever is first) after you are registered.
Contact Student Accounts for payment details if required. You can learn how to use the online student account system using the online guide. If your payment method is invalid or declined by student accounts you will be de-registered, and will be required to resubmit your request with valid payment.
- Please consult the Financial Aid office for information regarding your aid package if you are planning to use aid, and to be certain you have completed all of the needed steps for accepting and finalizing your aid package. Generally, aid is not available in summer or winter session.
- Students with billing questions are strongly urged to contact Student Accounts in advance to be sure they understand liability and cost. You should resolve your payment inquiries and questions with Student Accounts prior to submitting the form.
Student Requirements & Obligations
According to NYS law and SUNY policy, students must also review and complete the following. Failure to complete requirements can result in administrative holds on your account and/or the removal of courses.
- Code of Student Conduct Review and Affirmation
SUNY policy requires that all SUNY Cortland students review and agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct and other related policies when they enroll at the College. Visit the Student Conduct Office page for advanced details, and to review the complete Code of Student Conduct. When registering online, you will affirm the College Code of Conduct.
- Submit Any Required Immunization and Health Forms
Students are required to complete immunization requirements when attending classes on campus. Please visit the Student Health Service site for information concerning immunization and health history requirements.
Required Forms and Information
Incomplete forms will be returned without processing.
Please contact Student Accounts if you have tuition or fee inquiries.