Following New York State Department of Health Interim Guidelines for Gyms and Fitness Centers During the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency modifications have been made to our facilities to ensure 6 feet of separation between patrons using equipment and participating in activities.
- Some equipment has been moved to allow for 6 feet of physical distancing.
- Some equipment will be available on a rotational basis; equipment that is “Temporarily Out of Service” will be clearly marked.
- Capacity limits have been established to facilitate physical distancing. Rules posters and floor markings are posted to denote capacity limits and signify spacing requirements.
Patron Safety and Compliance
Face covering are required at all times while in the Student Life Center, with the exception of showering, swimming, drinking water and eating at the dining facility.
- Acceptable face coverings include, but are not limited to, cloth-based face coverings and disposable masks appropriate for exercise that cover both the mouth and nose.
- Please note: Face shields, bandanas, buffs, and gaiters are not acceptable face coverings.
- Patrons without face coverings will not be permitted to enter the facility.
Enhancing Cleaning Procedures
Recreational Sports has established enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedures throughout our facilities, including:
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned and logged by staff throughout the day.
- Patrons are being asked to assist by disinfecting equipment both before and after use.
- Additional cleaning stations have been placed throughout our facilities, which include hand sanitizer, a COVID-19 EPA approved disinfectant spray and single use paper towels.
- In addition, we have received certification that our Smardt Chillers located in our facility are in operation within ASHRAE standards and have MERV-13 filters.
- Hand dryers have been disabled; paper towel dispensers will now be available in locker rooms and restrooms.
- Drinking fountain buttons have been disabled; only water bottle filling stations will be available.
Team Member Safety
- Masks will be worn by front-facing service members at all times.
- Staff will complete a health screening questionnaire prior to each shift.
- Work stations have been spaced to allow for 6 feet of physical distancing.
- Plastic shields have been installed at service locations.
- Purchases using the Fusion Member Portal are encouraged to allow for less transfer between patrons and staff members.
Workout Reservation Time Slot Sign-Up Procedures
Due to capacity constraints, all members will now be required to register for a time slot each workout. Workout slots are listed below. A 15-minute gap has been added in between each shift for a reset period.
6:00 - 7:15 a.m.
7:30 - 8:45 a.m.
9:00 - 10:15 a.m.
10:30 - 11:45 a.m.
12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
1:30 - 2:45 p.m.
3:00 - 4:15 p.m.
4:30 - 5:45 p.m.
6:00 - 7:15 p.m.
7:30 - 8:45 p.m.
9:00 - 10:15 p.m.
10:30 - 11:45 p.m.
7:00 - 8:15 a.m.
8:30 - 9:45 a.m.
10:00 - 11:15 a.m.
11:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
1:00 - 2:15 p.m.
2:30 - 3:45 p.m.
4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
5:45 - 7:00 p.m.
7:15 - 8:30 p.m.
8:45 - 10:00 p.m.
10:15 - 11:45 p.m.
Reservations can be done by visiting the Recreational Sports Department Homepage and logging in to your Fusion Member Portal and following the steps below:
- Visit the Recreational Sports Homepage by hovering over the “Student Life” tab and clicking “Recreational Sports.”
- On the side panel, click “Purchase Portal.”
- Log in using your MyRedDragon account credentials.
- Click the logo for the Student Life Center Facility Access.
- Under the classifications section, please click “Student Life Center Facility Access” and follow the prompts.
- Choose the workout time slot you wish to sign-up for and add to your cart and checkout.
If you are experiencing trouble logging into your Fusion member portal, please contact Eve Mascoli, Assistant Director of Recreational Sports for Facilities and Aquatics at firstname.lastname@example.org
Workout Reservation Time Slot Sign-Up Polices
- Members WILL NOT be allowed to enter the facility without a reserved workout slot.
- Sign-Ups will be permitted 24-hours in advance of each time slot and close when capacity is reached.
- Members can only register for one entry time slot per day. Members violating this policy may face termination of facility access.
- Workout Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. If facility capacity has not been reached, in-person registration is allowed but not guaranteed, nor encouraged.
- Members who are no longer able to attend their workout entry reservation are expected to cancel their registration in advance through the “Fusion Member Portal.” Click your username in the upper right-hand corner, click “Profile,” click “Program” on the left-hand side and then click “Cancel” next to the appropriate workout reservation time slot you wish to cancel.
- Patrons with repeat no-shows or cancelled sessions will face penalties and possible termination of membership.
- All spaces and equipment within each facility will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Cardio equipment will be limited to 35-minute time slots.
- Members should be prepared to show proof of registration for entrance (upon successful registration, you will receive an email confirmation. You can use this email as proof of registration).
- Members must also be prepared to show proof that they have completed the “SUNY Cortland Daily COVID Reporting Questionnaire” each day before visiting the Student Life Center. The PowerApps mobile device application allows you to show a “green” screen to signify that you have completed this successfully.
- The following participants DO NOT need to register for a workout reservation time slot.
- Students attending academic classes in the Student Life Center. However, SUNY Cortland Student ID’s must be swiped before entry through the turnstiles.
Health Screenings and Precautions
- Patrons will self-screen for symptoms of possible COVID-19 before entering our facilities. Patrons who have any signs or symptoms that cannot be attributed to a known illness are not permitted to visit campus and must follow Health Department recommendations.
- Masks are required at all times, including while exercising or using equipment. The only exception is while swimming, showering, drinking water and eating at the dining facility.
- Masks must be worn correctly, covering both the nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Equipment must be cleaned before and after each use.
- Guest passes are currently suspended; no visitors or tours will be permitted
- No spotting or working in.
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance in activity areas.
- Respect space capacity restrictions.
Following New York State Department of Health and CDC guidelines, Recreational Sports programs has made modifications to what we offer and how those programs will operate.
- Unprecedented times have forced us to limit the capacity of our facility. As a result, until further notice, membership to the Student Life Center is limited to Students and Faculty/Staff only.
- Guests and tours will not be allowed in the Student Life Center until further notice.
- As always, appointments must be scheduled to meet with our licensed Massage Therapist, Hannah Polanko-Baker.
- Screening questions, along with temperature checks will be completed before the start of any session.
- Please visit our Massage Therapy Program page for more information.
- Members wishing to participate in fitness classes, personal training, and climbing and aquatics activities are required to sign-up for a regular workout time slot reservation.
- We aim to provide a variety of recreational opportunities that contribute to the physical, emotional and social health of all members of our College community. Due to the high-risk nature of the activities, basketball and volleyball will not be allowed at this time. At soon as we deemed it is safe to do so, we will re-open these activities.
Group Exercise and Mind/Body Classes
- We will have more detailed information pertaining to our Group Exercise and Mind/Body Programs at a later date.
- Please visit our Group Exercise Program or Mind/Body Program pages for more information.
- We will have more detailed information pertaining to our Personal Training Program at a later date.
- Please visit our Personal Training Program page for more information.
- Trips, Activities, and Clinics
- Trips will not be conducted during the Fall 2020 semester.
- Virtual and small group workshops will be offered throughout the semester. Please visit Outdoor Pursuits Trips and Workshops for more information.
- Equipment Rental
- Equipment rentals will be available for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Please visit our Equipment Rental page for more information.
- Bike Rentals
- The Cortland Bike Project will be available for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Please visit our Cortland Bike Project page for more information.
- Climbing Wall
- Only 8 individuals will be allowed at the climbing wall activity area at a time, on a first-come, first-served basis. 6 climbers will be allowed on the climbing wall and 2 climbers will be allowed on the bouldering wall.
- Climbers are encouraged to bring their own equipment but rentals are available.
- There will be no communal chalk pots available.
- All climbers and belayers must sanitize hands before every climb with school's provided hand sanitizer.
- Lead climbing clinics are only available by appointment only. Please email email@example.com.
- Belay clinics will be offered once per week in rotation with regularly scheduled clinics.
- Various online eSports tournaments and leagues will be offered.
- A limited number of individual participant based sports will be offered.
- Please visit our Intramural Sports page for more information.