We would like to remind everyone that the health and wellness of our members is our top priority. We are continually monitoring the situation and will follow all guidelines to ensure everyone's safety.
To give an update on memberships, we will be adjusting the end date of each facility membership to reflect the period that the facility has been closed. This will be done automatically upon re-opening.
Locker services will be extended until further notice. Expiring lockers will not be cleared out and emails will be sent out to those with expired lockers after re-opening.
If you prefer to have a refund for the remainder of your membership, please reach out to Theresa Montez at 607-753-5585 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As soon as we have an update, we will notify all members. We miss all of you and hope you are all staying healthy.
SUNY Cortland Recreational Sports Staff
Student Life Center General Facility Rules
- The goal of the SUNY Cortland Recreational Sports Department is to provide a variety of recreational opportunities that contribute to the physical, emotional and social health of all members of our College community. We will continuously develop programs and activities for our participants to increase their positive use of leisure time, improve their quality of life and encourage them to commit to a lifetime of fitness and recreation participation.
- Inherent risks are associated with every recreational activity. Participants assume these risks when they agree to participate. All participants are strongly advised to secure health insurance and visit their physician for a physical examination prior to registration or participation. All those who enter must sign a Student Life Center Acknowledgement of Risk, Waiver and Release of Liability Form before using the facility.
- All participants must have a current Student Life Center membership in order to enter the facility. Membership may be confirmed/purchased in the Recreational Sports Office, Monday-Friday, Student Life Center, Room 1201, 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.
- All Participants must present a valid SUNY Cortland ID Card or Student Life Center Membership Card each time they enter. Individuals are allowed 2 forgot ID card look ups before they will be refused entry without an ID.
- All participants are responsible for their ID card and its use. Allowing someone else to use your ID card is violation of college policy. Violators of this policy will be referred to the Student Conduct Office and may lose their privilege of using the Student Life Center.
- Student Life Center members may bring guests with them to the SLC for a $10.00 fee per day per guest. Participants are responsible for their guests and all guests must remain with the member at all times.
- All those wishing to attend Group Exercise, Mind Body and/or Cross Training classes must purchase memberships or a drop-in day pass prior to attending classes.
- Group Exercise, Mind Body and Cross Training memberships may only be purchased by those 17 years of age or older.
- Participants must respect the authority of any Recreational Sports Staff and respond to their directions accordingly.
- Participants must wear athletic apparel at all times. Shirts must be full length and cover the midriff. This also includes athletic sneakers (no open footwear).
- No food or drink allowed, except water in plastic, re-sealable containers.
- Profanity, suggestive language, and aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Bags, coats, and personal items are not allowed on the floor or within walkways. Lockers and cubbies are available. Recreational Sports, Student Affairs, and SUNY Cortland are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Participants will refrain from use of drugs and/or alcohol prior to and during use of facility.
- Participants will not behave in a manner that may cause or contribute to injury to themselves or others.
- Lacrosse balls, baseballs and softballs are not allowed in the Student Life Center.
- Participants are responsible for damage and repair costs associated with reckless or negligent use of equipment and/or facilities.
- Campus Recreation personnel reserve the right to remove any member or guest from the area if he or she exhibits behavior that is believed to be unsafe or inappropriate.
- Failure to comply with any of the rules of the Recreational Sports Department may result in, but is not limited to, ejection from the facility and/or loss of privilege for future use.
- Lost and found is located in Equipment Checkout. Items of greater value will be brought to the Recreational Sports Office/University Police Department.
- Participants are not allowed to film within the facility without permission from the Recreational Sports Department.