COVID-19 Safety Information

Degree Application

The Degree Conferral Application

The degree conferral application is a required step, where a student notifies the College that they intend to graduate. Students should meet with their advisor to verify eligibility prior to the conferral term. All students will apply for the degree using the online application.

Requirements and Steps for All Students

Application Dates

The online degree application will be available in myRedDragon during the application periods below.

Fall 2021 Degree Conferral Application

Apply up to January 1, 2022.

You MUST Apply by March 1, 2022 to be in the Class of 2022 Commencement Program.

Spring 2022 Degree Conferral Application

Apply up to June 1, 2022.

You MUST Apply by March 1, 2022 to be in the Class of 2022 Commencement Program.

Summer 2022 Degree Conferral Application

Apply up to August 1, 2022.

You MUST Apply by March 1, 2022 to be in the Class of 2022 Commencement Program.

How to Apply

Students will apply online via myRedDragon.

Making Changes to Existing Applications

Changing Degree Conferral Details

Please access myRedDragon to submit changes to your degree conferral information. Using the change form, you are able to change:

  • Your Degree Conferral Term
  • Your Diploma Name
  • Your Diploma Shipping Address
  • For changes to your Ceremony Attendance Preference (Yes/No), please email our office

To access the change form:

  1. Login to myRedDragon
  2. Click the Student Tab.
  3. Locate the Registrar's channel on the left of the screen.
  4. Click on the Degree Conferral and Graduation link.
  5. Click on the Change Conferral, Diploma or Attendance Information link.
  6. Select the appropriate change(s) you wish to make on the form.


New Graduates

Students will receive a diploma at the address provided during the degree conferral application approximately 10-12 weeks after the conferral process concludes. The diploma is printed with the legal name on file.

SUNY Cortland diplomas are printed by a professional printing company that prints and embosses our diplomas on high quality stock. The diploma includes the degree earned at SUNY Cortland (example: BA, BS, BFA, MA, MS etc), not the specific major. Students with double majors receive only one diploma in accord with the degree. Students with dual degrees (for example, a BA and a BS) will receive two diplomas.

The College cannot confer the degree or send a diploma or transcript if you have any outstanding holds, financial obligations, or disciplinary actions. Please be sure to resolve any holds or obligations prior to leaving campus to avoid any delay.

Duplicate or Replacement Diplomas

Students may request replacement or duplicate diplomas through the Student Registration and Records Services. To obtain a replacement diploma, please use the replacement form (PDF).

If you are requesting a replacement diploma because your name has changed, please complete the Change of Name/Address Form as well. SUNY Cortland uses an external printing company to print and deliver your replacement diploma. The replacement diploma will arrive approximately 8 weeks after the request is received and processed.

Degree Conferral and Diploma Forms

Change Degree Conferral Details

This form is used to change your degree conferral details when you have an existing degree conferral application.

Diploma Replacement Order Form (PDF)

To order a replacement diploma complete and sign this form and then mail the form to Student Registration and Record Services or present it in person. A diploma replacement request must be made by the bearer of the diploma with that individual's verified signature.

Frequently Asked Questions

Office Information

Student Registration and Record Services
Brockway Hall, Jacobus Lounge (Temporary Location)
Phone: 607-753-4702
Fax: 607-753-2959

Office Hours

8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Office opens at 9:45 on Thursdays to accommodate common meetings.

Contact Information and Staff