Information about the West Campus Apartment consolidation can be found here.
West Campus Apartments is a community of 240 SUNY Cortland students in a 15-building complex located one mile from campus. Each building houses four separate apartments with four single bedrooms, at least one full bathroom (accessible apartments have one large bathroom), full kitchen and living/dining room. The apartments come fully furnished.
The complex also contains a recreation center with laundry facilities, vending machines, mail room, lounge, student staff office and the residence hall director's office.
West Campus Apartments provides the independence of apartment living along with the available support from the Cortland campus in the form of student staff, an RHD, maintenance staff, university police coverage and other campus resources. West Campus Apartments offers a very affordable on campus housing option as you are not billed for a meal plan. You have the flexibility of choosing a meal plan or doing your own cooking.
West Campus Apartments Highlights
- 1,135 square feet of fully furnished living space in each apartment.
- Open over all College breaks.
- The living/dining area has a couch, two chairs, coffee table, end table, floor lamp and dining table with four chairs.
- The kitchen comes equipped with a stove/oven, dishwasher, full sized refrigerator and microwave.
- The living room has cable access, including premium channels like HBO.
- Each single bedroom has a standard twin-sized bed, dresser, desk with chair and a closet. Each bedroom has cable TV and Internet access.
- The lounge is in the recreation center and is equipped with a pool table, ping pong table, electric dart board, two TVs and two computers.
- Laundry is located in each building.
- The apartment complex is on the campus bus route so you may easily get to campus.
- Parking is right outside your building.
- On-site maintenance.
- All utilities, Internet, cable, laundry and trash removal are included in the cost.
- Safe and secure facilities — all buildings are equipped with card access, cameras monitor the entrance to your apartment building and university police patrol the complex regularly.
Special Interest Housing at West Campus Apartments
- Over-21 Building
- Students who choose to live in the over-21 building must be 21 by Sept. 1 for the fall semester or Jan. 1 for the spring semester.
- All gender housing
- All bedrooms are single occupancy.
- Bedrooms are not designated as male/female.
- Shared spaces include the kitchen, living room, dining room and bathroom. The bathrooms are private and lockable.
- You can request to live there as a new student or sign up as a returning student during the room selection process.
- Must sign the all gender living agreement.
- Transfer building
- Transfer students: you can choose to live in this building to be among others going through the same transition to SUNY Cortland as you.
- Select this housing option on your housing preference form to indicate your interest.
- Graduate students housing
- There is one building available (a total of four apartments) for graduate students.
- Learn more about graduate student housing.
West Campus Apartments Bedroom Dimensions
Please be aware that these dimensions are approximate and may vary from room to room.
8.7' x 12.6' floor
4.4' x 2.9' window
5.3' x 7.5' x 2' closet