West Campus Apartments
West Campus Apartments is a community of 240 SUNY Cortland students in a 15-building complex located one mile from campus. Each building houses four separate apartments with four single bedrooms, at least one full bathroom (accessible apartments have one large bathroom), full kitchen and living/dining room. The apartments come fully furnished.
The complex also contains a recreation center with laundry facilities, vending machines, mail room, lounge, student staff office and the residence hall director's office.
West Campus Apartments provides the independence of apartment living along with the available support from the Cortland campus in the form of student staff, an RHD, maintenance staff, university police coverage and other campus resources. West Campus Apartments offers a very affordable on campus housing option as you are not billed for a meal plan. You have the flexibility of choosing a meal plan or doing your own cooking.
West Campus Apartments Highlights
- 1,135 square feet of fully furnished living space in each apartment.
- Open over all College breaks.
- The living/dining area has a couch, two chairs, coffee table, end table, floor lamp and dining table with four chairs.
- The kitchen comes equipped with a stove/oven, dishwasher, full sized refrigerator and microwave.
- The living room has cable access.
- Each single bedroom has a standard twin-sized bed, dresser, desk with chair and a closet. Each bedroom has cable TV and Internet access.
- The lounge is in the recreation center and is equipped with a pool table, ping pong table, electric dart board, two TVs and two computers.
- Laundry is located in each building.
- The apartment complex is on the campus bus route so you may easily get to campus.
- Parking is right outside your building.
- On-site maintenance.
- All utilities, Internet, cable, laundry and trash removal are included in the cost.
- Safe and secure facilities — all buildings are equipped with card access, cameras monitor the entrance to your apartment building and university police patrol the complex regularly.
Special Interest Housing at West Campus Apartments
- Over-21 Building
- Students who choose to live in the over-21 building must be 21 by Sept. 1 for the fall semester or Jan. 1 for the spring semester.
- All gender housing
- All bedrooms are single occupancy.
- Bedrooms are not designated as male/female.
- Shared spaces include the kitchen, living room, dining room and bathroom. The bathrooms are private and lockable.
- You can request to live there as a new student or sign up as a returning student during the room selection process.
- Must sign the all gender living agreement.
- Graduate students housing
- Limited space available.
- Learn more about graduate student housing.
West Campus Apartments Bedroom Dimensions
Please be aware that these dimensions are approximate and may vary from room to room.
8.7' x 12.6' floor
4.4' x 2.9' window
5.3' x 7.5' x 2' closet
West Campus Apartments Staff
Area Coordinator (AC)
West Campus Apartments is managed by an Area Coordinator who is a professional staff member that has an office located in the recreation center.
AC Office Phone 607-753-4164
West Campus Staff Office Phone: 607-753-2630
Resident Assistants (RA)
There are six resident assistants available to assist all West Campus Apartments residents
All West Campus Apartments residents that own a vehicle are eligible for one free “W” permit with the following stipulations:
- Only one permit per West Campus Apartments resident
- The permits will only be issued per semester; you will be required to order another in the spring semester if you continue living at West Campus Apartments
- Order your “W” permit online once student permits go on sale
- The permit may only be used on a vehicle registered with DMV in your name or that of a family member; anyone found using the permit in any other vehicle will have the permit revoked
- If you do not own a vehicle, you will not receive a discount in any other form
Visit Parking Permits and Parking Rules for more parking information. The Office of Residence Life and Housing is responsible for covering the cost of all “W” permits ordered.