Bishop Hall was built in 1958 and was renovated in 2006. The building is named after Maria Bishop who graduated from Cortland in 1881 and headed the School of Practice from 1881-1905.
This low-rise residence hall has three floors with a ground floor that houses residents on one wing and a laundry, a lounge and vending facilities in the other wing. Bishop is a mixed hall that houses both upper-class students and new students in double rooms off a main corridor on each floor.
Please be aware that these dimensions are approximate and may vary from room to room.
12.8' x 14.7' floor
4' x 6.6' window
3.6' x 6.9' x 2.2' closet
View the Bishop Hall Photo Gallery.
Bishop Hall is managed by a full-time professional residence hall director (RHD) who both lives and works in the hall.
RHD Office Phone: 607-753-4157
Student Staff Office Phone: 607-753-2616
Each floor has one or two resident assistants, totaling seven RAs in Bishop Hall