Campus signage makes a strong first impression on students, families and prospective employees when they visit SUNY Cortland.

To ensure that university signage has a cohesive appearance and fits within brand guidelines, please review the links highlighted below.

Exterior building signage

Exterior building signs at SUNY Cortland are managed by Facilities Operations and Services. If a sign needs to be repaired or replaced, please submit a work request.

Interior and office signage

The Duplicating Center produces interior and office signage with a frame/holder. Complete the Interior and Office Signage Request form. Please note that we are no longer engraving these signs. If your needs are outside of this scope, please complete the Duplicating Center’s Requisition for Printing Services and select the "Other cuts and sizes" option.

Surge space signage

Offices that temporarily move to a new space and require new signage should work directly with their designated project coordinator in the Facilities Planning Design and Construction Office to determine needs.

Exterior banners

All university banners and display locations are managed by the SUNY Cortland Marketing Committee and Facilities Operations and Services. 

For more information, contact

Signage writing style

Please refer to the Signage Writing Style Guide for conventions and best practices. 

Signage Committee

SUNY Cortland’s Signage Committee helps establish policy and process recommendations that support the standardization and consistency of campus signage. The group also fields and addresses requests that fall outside the established sign protocols and makes appropriate recommendations to the university community. 

Signage Committee Members

  • Ann Bersani, Director, Residence Life and Housing
  • Tony DeRado, Assistant Director, Creative Services
  • Dan Dryja, Director, Facilities Operations and Services
  • Juanita Larrabee, Director, Facilities Planning, Design and Construction
  • Loralee Morrow, Senior Associate Facilities Program Coordinator
  • Tracy Rammacher, Director, Marketing—Committee Chair
  • Chris Tucker, Associate Director, Campus Services
  • Madison Wooldridge, Office Assistant 1, Stores/Mail