The university has two official typefaces that can be downloaded for campus use: Agenda (sans-serif) and Utopia (serif). Instructions for accessing them, as well as secondary typefaces and substitutes for applications that do not have them, are below.
Agenda is a sans-serif typeface, meaning it has a simpler design without extending flourishes at the end of each letter's strokes.
- Sans-serif typeface is ideal for subheads, body copy and captions.
- Agenda may be downloaded from the Tech Help tab in myRedDragon.
Utopia is a serif typeface, meaning it has small, decorative features called "serifs" at the end of each letter's strokes.
- Serif typeface is ideal for headlines, subheads or body copy.
- To request Utopia, please contact the Marketing Office at 607-753-2519 or email@example.com.
- Abolition is used sparingly as an accent font and works well for headlines, subheads, pull-quotes and environmental graphics.
- Never use Abolition for body copy.
- Abolition is only for limited use by the Marketing Office.
- This option is preferred when using Utopia at smaller point sizes.
Web replacement options
When using web-based platforms such as Canva, Agenda and Utopia can be replaced with the following:
Times Neue Roman