The badge serves as a stamp of approval on certificates and awards when the university seal is unable to be used. The badge can not be used to replace the primary logo or secondary mark.
If you have questions on the badge, please contact the Marketing Office at 607-753-2519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consistent and proper use of the badge is essential for ensuring the desired perception of SUNY Cortland. Likewise, the integrity of the SUNY Cortland brand diminishes when the badge is incorrectly applied. The exact arrangement and proportion of the badge must not be altered in any way.
Any variation or alteration, however small, is unacceptable.
Do not make any of the following changes to the badge:
- Change the colors.
- Change the color of separate components of the badge.
- Use a white border to outline the mark on badge backgrounds.
- Rearrange the components, eliminate or use the components separately.
- Violate the clear space with text, images, or any other element.
- Fill the badge with a photograph or any other pattern or texture.
- Add elements.
- Modify, stretch or distort in any way.
- Rotate or turn.
- Add text.
- Place unapproved colored backgrounds.
- Add graphic effects.
- Change fonts.
- The badge may be enlarged or reduced in size as required, as long as proportions remain intact.
- The minimum size of the badge is 1 in.
- The badge should be used only at a size that does not compromise quality and legibility.
(X = width of the red circle)
- "Clear space" refers to the area surrounding the badge that should be kept free from visual distraction.
- The badge must not be crowded or overwhelmed by other elements.
- No graphic element or text of any kind should be placed within this clear space.
- The recommended clear space of the badge is equal to the x-width of the red circle in the badge.
The badge is available in full-color, two-color and one-color variations.