"Recognizing and Promoting the Academic Excellence and Involvement of Transfer Students"
SUNY Cortland Chapter
Criteria for Membership
- The student must transfer to an institution of higher learning from another academic institution with at least one full year's academic credits satisfied at the prior institution(s).
- The student must be registered in a course of study leading to a bachelor's degree for an amount of work equal to an average full load (12-15 credits).
- Membership to the organization shall be based upon superior academic achievement by students during their first term in the institution to which they transfer.
- The minimum academic average required for membership is either a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale or a grade point average that places the prospective candidate in the top 20% of all incoming transfer students during the term in question.
- Eligibility is limited to the first term of enrollment at the institution to which the student transfers.
Tau Sigma National Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded annually by the National Chapter ranging from $500 to $3000. An application is made available each fall and every local chapter may nominate at least one nominee to be sent on to the Tau Sigma National Scholarship Committee. Upon completing the evaluation of the applicants, scholarships will be announced in December and awarded in January.
Items Available for Purchase
Chapter T-shirts ($15.00) and Commencement Honor Cords ($20.00) are available to order. Honor cords are designed to wear around your neck with your graduation robe.
Contact Chapter Advisors:
Greg Diller and Marinda Souva