SUNY Cortland now offers van training sessions online!
In an effort to provide the campus community with improved access to our van training course, we now offer an online version. The online course offers the participant the ability to complete the course at a time that is convenient for them.
Van training is required for any student, faculty or staff member that will be operating a 12 passenger College/State van. In addition, students that will be operating any College mini-van will also be required to complete this course. To register for the online van training course please follow the directions listed below:
- Please check the pre-course requirements that are listed below before you make the request to register for the training. Students will need to fill out the Student Driver Application form and drop it off or mail it to the Campus Fleet Operations, prior to receiving van training. Once we received the student driver application please follow next step.
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to take the course. Please include your name, C number and phone number.
- Once we receive your request, an email will be sent to you containing a link to the training site.
- You must watch the entire course and pass the exam with a grade of 80% or higher to receive your certificate. The entire course will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Please send an email to email@example.com with any questions.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver's license recognized by New York State
- May not have had more than one moving violation within the past three years
- May not have been convicted of either DWI or DUI within the past five years
- Students must complete the Student Driver Application as soon as possible
What you will learn:
- Van characteristics
- Pre-trip inspection
- Safety belts
- Cushion of safety
- Blind spots