Scheduling and Keeping Appointments
- All services are by appointment; call the Counseling Center at 607-753-4728 to schedule.
- If you must miss an appointment due to illness or an emergency, please call the Counseling Center to cancel your appointment as far in advance as possible.
- Students who no-show for an appointment after their initial consultation, will be subject to a no-show charge.
- Repeated cancellations or “no shows” may limit your ability to receive our services.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late to an appointment, you may be asked to reschedule.
Students who are in crisis or having an emergency will be accommodated as quickly as possible during work hours. After hours, students in crisis should contact the University Police Department, who can provide assistance with accessing services (607-753-2111).
Examples of crises include:
- feeling like you may seriously harm yourself or another person(s),
- death of a loved one
- hearing voices
- physical or sexual assault
- not being able to function due to extreme psychological distress
These urgent care meetings typically focus on helping you cope with immediate stressors that are significantly reducing your ability to function, and determining next steps that may be helpful. Because these consultations are not scheduled, you may experience a wait to be seen, usually not more than 1 hour. Please note that you will be asked to complete paperwork so that we can help you as efficiently and as effectively as possible.
We have a limited ability to accommodate students who wish to change counselors. For students who would like to start over with a new counselor at the beginning of a new academic year, this is generally not a problem; if the student makes this request when scheduling, s/he will be scheduled for a new initial appointment to see a different counselor.
For students who request a new counselor within the same academic year, there may be a delay in re-assignment. We also prefer that the student has a conversation with their counselor prior to this request, to help ascertain what the student’s needs are that are not being addressed and to assure a successful transfer.
Van Hoesen Hall, Room B-44
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m.
Rose Ryan, Administrative Assistant 1
Debbie Meddaugh, OA 1