Use the below contract template for speakers under $25,000. The contract has been pre-approved by SUNY Counsel. Once the speaker has signed, send the agreement to the Purchasing and Accounts Payable Office for counter-signature, along with the appropriate insurance as indicated below.
Speaker Services Agreement (docx)
Any speaker coming to campus whom we are paying is required to show proof of NYS Workers' Compensation Insurance using one of the following forms:
- Proof of Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Form C-105.2 (9/07) if coverage is provided by the contractor’s insurance carrier, contractor must request its carrier to send this form to SUNY Cortland
- Certificate of Exemption (Instructions for obtaining this certificate)
- Form CE-200, Certificate of Attestation for New York entities with no employees and certain out of state entities, that New York State Workers’ Compensation and/or Disability Benefits Insurance coverage is not required which is available on the Workers’ Compensation Board’s website. This individual can register online and complete this form to print instantly. They will need to sign it prior to sending it to us.
The speaker should provide the campus with a W-9 form. This is to ensure they are setup in the NYS system to receive payments.
- Social Security Number
- If a speaker uses their social security number, their payment will be processed through the Purchasing and Accounts Payable Office via a standard voucher.
- Federal ID Number
- If the speaker has a Federal ID number, the payment will be processed via a purchase order through the Purchasing and Accounts Payable Office. You will enter the purchase order in Red Dragon Depot as soon as you have the information on the event (quote, contract, etc.). This will allow for quicker payments to the vendor as the PO will be complete prior to the date of the event.
The Purchasing and Accounts Payable Office is here to help. Please email or call us at x 2305 with any questions.