Students who are blind or have low vision can use a variety of tools to gain equal access to SUNY Cortland. A meeting with an access coordinator can help determine which of the following may be useful to a particular student.
- JAWS, VoiceOver, and ZoomText are available in the Access Technology Lab. The software is also available in select other computer labs and can be added quickly to others on request.
- Textbooks and other course materials that are accessible to screen readers and/or magnifiers
- Notetaking assistance through the use of OneNote, which synchronizes typed notes with an audio recording of lectures, early access to PowerPoint slides, and/or a peer note taker
- Audio description of videos
- Acrobat HD CCTV magnifier is available in the Access Technology Lab.
- Priority registration
- Early notification to instructors regarding accessibility needs
- Liaison with community agency support services and resources