Dear Parents and Family Members:
I hope this finds you well. As our students are making their way through the first part of the semester, I thought I would take a few minutes to mention several of the activities going on outside of classes and studying. Here is a partial listing for what is coming up in the next couple of weeks:
- Friday, January 24, Build a Bear and Cupcake Decorating, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, January 25, Laser Tag, 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 29, An Intro to Yoga, 7 p.m.
Friday, January 31, $3 movie night at the Plaza Theater, 8 p.m.
- Saturday, February 1, Family Feud Game Show, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 4, South Afriocan-born singer/songwriter Carl Dylan and Open Mic Night, 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 5, speaker LeAlan Jones, "What Will the Collective Voice of a Generation Have To Say?", 7 p.m.
- Saturday, February 8, Glow Ice Skating, 9 p.m. ($1 admission, $2 skate rental)
- Wednesday, February 12, program "Speak Up/Speak Out: Inclusive Language - Saving Lives and Building Communities" 7 p.m.
- February 14-16 Siblings Weekend
- Wednesday, February 19, program "A Conversation About Hazing" 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 26, speaker Ragen Chastain, "The Positive Body", 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 5, Safe Spring Break Fair, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
There are also many, many athletic events going on as well as events and opportunities for participation in Recreational Sports. We also offer opportunities to get involved with many clubs and organizations as well as Greek Life.
We encourage students to make the most of their time here at Cortland -- get involved and get connected.
Christopher A. Kuretich
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
Please follow this link to subscribe or unsubscribe from the parent/family e-mail list.
- Gospel Choir Spring Concert is April 27 April 17, 2014
- New Hall Named State’s “Greenest” April 15, 2014
- Dragon Tracker Means Year-round Fun April 01, 2014
- College Smashes 24-Hour Fundraising Goal February 28, 2014
- College Emergency Website Goes Live February 04, 2014
Plan ahead for the many events that you and your student may be attending during the year.
Learn more about parking for these events.
Thank you for visiting the Parents/Family page. Your feedback on what you like or dislike about this page and what you would like to see here is important to us.
Please email comments to StudentAffairsOffice@cortland.edu
Your Student's Success
Your student’s success stems from the care, concern and support you and your family provide, as well as what we offer at SUNY Cortland.
Our campus benefits include everything from that all-important Internet and email connection to an enjoyable and safe residence life, a variety of social and recreational activities, health and wellness resources, academic support and career services.
You can count on SUNY Cortland’s dedicated faculty and staff members to help your student succeed.
Check schedules for the weekend and break buses so your student can make arrangements to travel home and return to campus. For other transportation needs within and to/from Cortland, visit the Way 2 Go Cortland site.
There is no higher priority at SUNY Cortland than the safety of the campus community, and we take many steps to maintain a safe environment.
Our 17 residence halls provide a comfortable, safe, fun and friendly living environment for your student.
The city of Cortland is a safe community with numerous housing options for students.