You want to hit the ground running as a SUNY Cortland student. We’re eager to assist you in that most worthy effort. And that’s where COR 101: The Cortland Experience comes in.
COR 101 is a one-credit course required of all freshmen that’s designed to help you make a smooth transition to SUNY Cortland. The class focuses on the independence that comes with being a college student, the responsibility that goes along with it and the array of opportunities you’ll find here to learn and grow.
COR 101 covers a range of topics that are particularly valuable for Cortland’s newest students, including:
- The SUNY Cortland culture and traditions, and the events and activities that fill the College calendar
- Academic and social opportunities and expectations
- How to set goals, manage your time and take advantage of opportunities that interest you
- The variety of resources available to you, from academic advising and the student health service to the library and the College website
- Understanding what it means to live in a diverse environment with people from a wide range of backgrounds who have an equally wide range of ideas and interests
- How to live a healthy, balanced life as a Cortland student
The fall course culminates in December with the COR 101 Symposium, a poster presentation by course teaching assistants that showcases the work students covered in their COR 101 class.