Below are forms you may need to fill out during the financial aid process. Completed forms may be faxed or mailed to SUNY Cortland’s Financial Aid Office.
- Verification Work Sheet
- Child Support Paid Verification Worksheet
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Verification WorkSheet
- Identity Verification and Statement of Educational Purpose
- Summer Request for Financial Aid (PDF)
- Special Circumstance Form (PDF)
- Federal I-9 Form
- Aid for Part Time Study (APTS) Application (PDF)
- Loan Change Form
- E-sign your Federal Direct Student Loan Master Promissory Note (PDF)
- Entrance Counseling (PDF)
- Apply for a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan (PDF)
- Accept financial aid award package (PDF)
- Appeal for Financial Aid Ineligibility (PDF)
There are several legitimate agencies and organizations that can assist students and their families in managing their financial aid and also in helping them protect themselves.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
TAP — New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (NYSHESC)
American Student Assistant (ASA)
Social Security Administration
U.S. Department of Education
Veterans Administration (VA Benefits)
National Student Loan Database
General Financial Aid Information and Calculators
To determine which verification form to download and print, please answer the following questions:
a) Were you born before January 1,1990?
b) Are you a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces?
c) Will you be working on a master's program during the school year 2013-2014?
d) As of today are you married?
e) Are you an orphan or ward of the court, or were you a ward of the court until age 18?
f) Do you have any dependents (other than your children or spouse) who live with you and
who receive more than half of their support from you, now through June 30, 2014?
· If you answered no to all the questions, download the Dependent Verification Work Sheet .
· If you answered yes to any of the questions, download the Independent Verification Work Sheet .