West Campus Apartments is a community of 240 SUNY Cortland students in a 15-building complex located one mile from campus. Each building houses four separate apartments with four single bedrooms, at least one full bathroom (accessible apartments have one large bathroom), full kitchen and living/dining room. The apartments come fully furnished.
The complex also contains a recreation center with laundry facilities, vending machines, mailroom, lounge, student staff office and the residence hall director's office.
West Campus Apartments provides the independence of apartment living along with the available support from the Cortland campus in the form of student staff, an RHD, maintenance staff, university police coverage and other campus resources. West Campus Apartments residents pay a higher room charge than campus students, but are not billed for a meal plan. Students have the flexibility of choosing a meal plan or doing their own cooking.
West Campus Apartments Highlights
- 1,135 square feet of fully furnished living space in each apartment.
- Open over all College breaks.
- The living/dining area has a couch, two chairs, coffee table, end table, floor lamp and dining table with four chairs.
- The kitchen comes equipped with a stove/oven, dishwasher, full sized refrigerator and microwave.
- The living room has cable access, including premium channels like HBO.
- Each single bedroom has a standard twin-sized bed, dresser, desk with chair and a closet. Each bedroom has cable TV and Internet access.
- The lounge is in the recreation center and is equipped with a pool table, ping pong table, electric dart board, three TVs and two computers that are networked to a photocopier in the vending room which accepts the college ID as a form of payment.
- Laundry is located in each building.
- The apartment complex is on the campus bus route so you may easily get to campus.
- Parking is right outside your building.
- On-site maintenance.
- All utilities, Internet, cable, laundry and trash removal are included in the cost.
- Safe and secure facilities — all buildings are equipped with card access and university police patrol the complex regularly.
Special Interest Housing at West Campus Apartments
- Over-21 Building
- Students who choose to live in the over-21 building must be 21 by Sept. 1 for the fall semester or Jan. 1 for the spring semester.
- Coed housing (to be gender inclusive housing starting Fall 2014)
- Four apartments are available (a total of 16 bedrooms).
- All bedrooms are single occupancy.
- Bedrooms are not designated as male/female.
- Shared spaces include the kitchen, living room, dining room and bathroom. The bathrooms are private and lockable.
- You can request to live there as a new student or sign up as a returning student during the room selection process.
- Green building (sustainable)
- You agree to work to minimize waste utilizing re-usable goods whenever possible.
- You will utilize the community bike program or Cortland bus system instead of your own personal vehicle whenever possible.
- You will conserve water and energy.
- You will not litter.
- Transfer building
- Transfer students: you can choose to live in this building to be among others going through the same transition to SUNY Cortland as you.
- Select this housing option on your housing preference form to indicate your interest.
- Freshman housing
- There are freshmen spaces available.
- As a freshmen, you are assigned a building that houses other freshmen students only.
- You will live in a building where a resident assistant resides also.
- Graduate students housing
- There is one building available (a total of four apartments) for graduate students.
- Learn more about graduate student housing.
West Campus Apartments Bedroom Dimensions
Please be aware that these dimensions are approximate and may vary from room to room.
8.7' x 12.6' floor
4.4' x 2.9' window
5.3' x 7.5' x 2' closet
West Campus Apartments Staff
Residence Hall Director
West Campus Apartments is managed by a residence hall director (RHD) who is a professional staff member and who works and lives within the complex.
RHD Office Phone: 607-753-4164
Student Staff Office Phone: 607-753-2630
RA on Duty Cell: 607-745-8793
Resident Assistants (RA)
There are four resident assistants available to assist all West Campus Apartments residents.
Administrative Assistant (AA)
This student staff member is responsible for distributing your mail, maintaining the staff office and assisting the RHD with tasks.