Residence halls will close at 5 p.m. on Fri., Dec. 13. Exceptions can be made if you have an exam on Friday, are an athlete with a scheduled practice, or if you have transportation problems. Request to stay past 4 p.m. by e-mailing your RHD no later than Wed., Dec. 11 at 4 p.m.:
|Glass Tower||Hayes/Leadership House||Hendrick||Higgins|
|West Campus Apartments|
If you are granted permission to stay late you will need to leave by 9 a.m. on Sat., Dec. 14.
Staff will enter your room after you leave to ensure that you completed all of the necessary checkout procedures. Follow the checklist taped to your door for details.
The residence halls will re-open at 9 a.m. on Sun., Jan. 19. Please plan your trip accordingly
How To Check Out If You Are Not Returning
- Sign up for a closing assessment appointment with your RHD if you would like to have an idea of possible charges (Fall 2013 charges dates).
- Sweep and/or vacuum and mop floors.
- Close and lock windows, leave the blinds down and open.
- Unplug all floor lamp(s) and mirror unit(s) and leave plugs showing. Turn off all lights.
- Remove all pictures, signs, decorations, scotch tape, neon stars, etc. from ceiling, walls, doors, closets, windows and furniture, including any sticky residue.
- Empty and wash recycling containers and take all non-recyclables and trash to the Dumpsters. All recyclables should be disposed of in the appropriate bin on your floor.
- Return all college dining hall utensils to the dining hall.
- Do not leave any clothing or belongings in the laundry room, bathroom or lounges.
- Microfridges should be emptied, cleaned, defrosted and left in your room for pickup.
- Clean out desks, dresser drawers and closets of all items: wrappers, dust, hangers, etc. Wipe down desks and dresser tops and windowsills. Lock your door behind you when you leave.
- Go to the staff office or meet your RHD at their office for your closing assessment appointment.
- Return your room key and sign out on your Room Condition Report (RCR). Failure to turn in your room key will result in a $75 charge for a lock change. If you do not check out with a staff member at the staff office you will be charged $25 for an improper check out.
- Mail Forwarding: Fill out a forward address card. We only forward mail if you fill out the forward address card. You should change any magazine address labels immediately in order to avoid mail delivery delay.
- Closing Assessment Bills: Go to myRedDragon to see if you have charges and to find instructions regarding the online appeals process. Charges must be paid even if you are appealing. We encourge you to check your account even if you do not think you will have charges.
Rooms where closing assessment appointments have not been scheduled with the RHD will be checked for proper cleaning and damages after the room has been vacated.
If you do not check out according to these procedures you will be charged an improper check-out fee of $25. If you are the only person leaving the room it must be left half empty and ready to be occupied. The closet, desk, dresser and bed must be completely clear and all belongings removed.