What does SES do for you?
- Helps find on and off-campus job opportunities
- Posts positions on job board and online job posting system, DragonConnect
- Hosts fall Student Employment Fair and spring Summer Job and Internship Fair
- Process I-9 and W-4 verification for campus employment
- Provides tips and resources to secure jobs and leads
Student Employment Services (SES) provides free information about part-time job opportunities to all SUNY Cortland students, regardless of financial status.
SES Registration: Complete profile on DragonConnect
Students are required to complete the SES registration form and agree to report back the outcome of any job postings obtained in our office. Students are responsible for contacting employers and completing application processes. Registered students may also search DragonConnect for additional part-time job postings.
Once a student has been offered a job by a campus office they are required to complete I-9 and W-4 forms at SES. There will be no payments made for any on-campus work until forms are completed. Students must present EITHER a driver’s license or college ID AND either a social security card or birth certificate. These must be original documents, not copies, to complete the I-9 OR a current U.S. or foreign passport without any other ID.
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT SUGGESTIONS
Offices that offer many on-campus jobs include: Residence Life and Housing, Recreational Sports, Athletics, ASC Dining Services, Library and Corey Union in addition to other offices.
Many off-campus jobs are near campus — within walking or biking distance or close to a bus route. Don’t rule out off-campus work even if you don’t have a car at college.
The most successful students are persistent, following-up often with busy employers. They dress professionally when visiting employers in person and offer a simple resume with their applications. They remain as flexible as possible with their weeknight and weekend schedules and regularly check our job postings for the most attractive jobs.
- Appendix A - On-Campus Job Posting
- Appendix B - Student Appointment Form
- Appendix C - Student Employment Card
- Appendix D - W-4
- Appendix E - I-9, Employment Verification
- Appendix F - Retirement System Election Form F
- Appendix G - CS13, Report of Accident or Injury
- Appendix H - Student, Temp Service Timesheet
- Appendix I - Student Payroll Schedule
- Appendix J- Student Employee Evaluation
- Appendix K - Temp Service New Employee Checklist