Who Has to Live On Campus?
- All new and current first year students.
- Four semester (two year) housing requirement
- All new transfer students with freshman credits
Students Not Returning
If you do not require on-campus housing next year for any reason (met requirement, withdrawing, transferring, internship, student teaching, etc.) complete the Release from Housing form for Fall 2017 available in the spring semester. Follow the same steps as the Fill Out Your RSP Form section.
RSP Timeline for 2017-2018
|Feb. 13-Mar. 3
||Information meetings take place, freshmen and new transfers must attend; in your hall
|Fri., March 10
||RSP Form due by 11:59 p.m.
|After you complete the RSP Form
||Complete your roommate profile (optional) and form your roommate group
|Fri., Mar. 24
Roommate group deadline- roommate groups must be formed
Medical documentation for housing accommodations due by 4 p.m.
|Fri., Mar. 31
View your RSP selection time
Notifications for full group selection participants sent
|Tues., Apr. 4
||Room selection begins based on your selection time and process
|Tues., Apr. 4
Four- and six-person full group selection begins (based on your selection time)
|Tues., Apr. 11
Housing accommodations selection(medical, etc.) (morning)
Special interest housing selection (all gender, sustainability, etc.) (afternoon)
|Wed., Apr. 12
||General selection begins
||$150 room deposit due by 4 p.m. (you can pay at any point during the spring semester)
|Fri., Apr. 28
||Choose your room by 4 p.m.
||Room change/swap days
Timeline is subject to change. Review during spring semester for most updated RSP timeline.
Pay Your Room Deposit
Pay one of two ways:
- At Student Accounts, Miller Building, Room 323, between 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- With your Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card on myRedDragon
*Student staff members, EOP students, C.U.R.E. students, and RHA/NRHH executive officers will receive a room deposit waiver in the mail. This must be turned in by the $150 room deposit deadline. You will be billed for the deposit.
- Under the Student Tab and the Residence Life and Housing section choose "Pay Room Deposit Online"
Access The Housing Director
All housing processes will take place from The Housing Director page. To access anything housing-related, complete the following steps:
- Log in to your myRedDragon.
- Select the “Student” tab.
- Under Residence Life and Housing select “Housing Process and Information.”
- Select Forms.
- Choose "Room Selection Process Form."
- If you are signing up for the WCA Guarantee, choose "WCA Guarantee."
- If you are not living on campus next year, choose the "Release From Housing for Fall 2017" form.
- Read and sign the Room and Board License.
- Complete Personal Information: contains the roommate matching questionnaire and housing questions; once done, click Continue.
- Review the confirmation page.
Complete Your Roommate Profile (optional) (view screenshots)
- Choose "Set Up Roommate Profile" and then "Roommate Profile."
- To allow others to search for you in the advanced roommate search, keep your profile public; otherwise, make it private.
- Set up your contact preferences.
- Complete My Profile using the guidelines; profiles must not contain language that is discriminatory or harassing in any nature.
Form Your Roommate Group by March 24 (view screenshots)
To live in a double room, you will be required to choose a roommate to select a room with. If you do not know who you would like to live with, you will have an option to search for others or you can opt to be assigned by Residence Life and Housing staff.
- Choose "Housing Information" and select "Roommates/Suitemates."
- Select a roommate:
- Know who you want to live with? Search with their name in the simple roommate search.
- Not sure who you want to live with? Complete the advanced roommate search.
- Send a request to the person(s) you want to live with. They will need to accept or decline.
- Accept or decline roommate requests sent to you.
- Continue with these steps until you have the desired number in your group (up to a total of six individuals.)
- On the main page of The Housing Director, scroll down to see the selection processes you are eligible for.
- Each process will display a start date and time. This is when you will be able to choose your room.
- If you are selecting with at least one other individual, the person with the earlier selection time can choose for all in the roommate group.
- Select "Select a Room/Suite."
- If you are in more than one process, you will choose the process you want to choose a room from.
- Search for a room.
- Select "Select Room" or "Select Suite."
- Assign all individuals in your group to the beds and/or rooms.
- Select "I Agree- submit my room selection."
- Confirm your housing by viewing your assignment for Fall 2016 on the main page.
It is possible that someone else may choose your room/suite as you are selecting. If this happens, you will receive a message that this has happened. Search for another room.
You are only able to change your assignment. Your roommate will have to make changes separately. Complete the same steps as listed in "Choose Your Room."