To be eligible to receive financial aid, including student loans, students must first meet certain eligibility requirements as well as maintain satisfactory academic progress. General eligibility requirements are listed below.
Several individual awards such as TEACH grant/loans and Federal Direct Student Loans have additional eligibility requirements. Individual award eligibility requirements are listed on the types of aid page.
- General Eligibility Requirements
- Summer and Winter Session Aid Eligibility
- Undergraduate: Academic Progress and Financial Aid Eligibility
- Graduate: Academic Progress and Financial Aid Eligibility
Listed below are filing application information and timeline/deadline dates for SUNY Cortland.
Important Tips and Deadlines
- All students must file a FAFSA each year at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- File as soon after Jan. 1 as possible to be considered for all aid.
- Recommended Filing Deadline: March 1
- Remember to file your TAP application at www.tap.hesc.ny.gov/totw.
- Seek out scholarships early at www.fastweb.com
- Read and respond to all correspondence from SUNY Cortland.
- Use the Financial Aid Checklist to organize your information.
Federal School Code: 002843