Randall Hall is one of six low-rise residence halls that were constructed between 1957 and 1962 on the SUNY Cortland campus. Randall Hall was built in 1961 and is named after Henry S. Randall who was the first president to serve on Cortland’s local board, until his death in 1876.
Randall Hall is a three-story corridor-style building with double rooms. The building re-opened in Fall 2010 after the latest renovation project.
Randall Hall Highlights
- The first-floor recreation room is equipped with a pool table, air hockey table and TV.
- The study lounge is located on the first floor.
- There are additional lounges located on the second and third floors where students can relax or study outside of their residence hall room.
- The student staff office and the RHD’s office are both located on the first floor.
- The laundry facilities are located on the ground floor; you use your college ID as a form of payment for vending machines. The cost for use of the laundry machines is included in your dining plan.
- Randall Hall is the only hall with a volleyball court for residents to use.
- Randall Hall also houses many of our winter athletes who are required to return early to campus in the spring.
- The entire building has wireless Internet access.
Randall Hall Room Dimensions
Please be aware that these dimensions are approximate and may vary from room to room.
14.7' x 12.8' floor
6.6' x 4' window
4' x 7.6' x 2.3' closet
Randall Hall Staff
Residence Hall Director (RHD)
Randall Hall is managed by a full-time professional residence hall director (RHD) who both lives and works in the hall.
RHD Office Phone: 607-753-4154
Student Staff Office Phone: 607-753-2622
Resident Assistants (RA)
Each floor has one or two resident assistants, totaling seven RAs in Randall Hall.
Administrative Assistant (AA)
There is one administrative assistant. This student staff member is responsible for distributing your mail, maintaining the staff office and assisting the RHD with tasks.
Academic Peer Mentor (APM)
There is one academic peer mentor. This student staff member is responsible for assisting you with your academic questions, keeping you aware of academic timelines and providing study groups.