Glass Tower Hall is SUNY Cortland’s second newest residence hall. This cutting-edge residence hall was awarded a prestigious LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification from the United States Green Building Council. LEED certification is based on stringent energy conservation measures and the environmentally safe materials used in its construction.
The $12.6 million building, which was opened in August 2005, contains four floors featuring quad-doubles: double rooms with a shared bathroom and a vestibule. Glass Tower Hall is considered a mixed hall and is occupied by freshmen, upper-class and transfer students.
Glass Tower Hall Highlights
- There is a large kitchen on each floor equipped with a sink, stove/oven and a microwave.
- The recreation room is located on the first floor and is equipped with a pool table, ping pong table, electric dartboard and a big screen TV.
- The laundry facilities and vending machines are located on the first floor; you use your college ID as a form of payment for vending machine items. The cost for use of the laundry machines is included in your dining plan.
- Glass Tower Hall is equipped with Laundry View; this allows you to check from the convenience of your room if there are machines available.
- Each floor has a spacious lounge with kitchen, as well as study rooms.
- There is also a study lounge conveniently located near the laundry room so students can study while they do their laundry.
- The entire building is wireless Internet accessible.
- The student staff office and the RHD’s office are both located on the first floor.
- There is also is an exterior storage area where residents can safely store their bikes.
- Glass Tower Hall is one of our residence halls with air conditioning.
- Glass Tower Hall is conveniently located next to Neubig Hall which houses the only all-you-care-to-eat dining hall and the College Store.
- Glass Tower Hall is also close to Van Hoesen Hall which houses both administrative offices and classrooms.
Glass Tower Hall Room Dimensions
Please be aware that these dimensions are approximate and may vary from room to room.
15.3' x 11.7' floor
4.75' x 4.3' window
Glass Tower Hall Staff
Residence Hall Director (RHD)
Glass Tower Hall is managed by a full-time professional residence hall director (RHD) who both lives and works in the hall.
RHD Office Phone: 607-753-4165
Student Staff Office Phone: 607-753-2631
Resident Assistants (RA)
Each floor has one or two resident assistants, totaling six RAs in Glass Tower Hall.
Administrative Assistant (AA)
There is one administrative assistant. This student staff member is responsible for distributing your mail, maintaining the staff office and assisting the RHD with tasks.