Dragon Hall, built in 2013, was named by the SUNY Cortland community. The College is pursuing the U.S. Green Building Council’s gold rating level for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
A five-story residence hall, it houses first year, transfer and upper-class students. Each floor has quad-doubles, designed triples, designed doubles and singles.
Dragon Hall Highlights
- All quads/rooms have a bathroom.
- There is a large kitchen on each floor equipped with a sink, stove/oven and a microwave.
- The recreation room/multipurpose room is located on the ground floor and is equipped with a pool table and a big screen TV.
- The laundry facilities and vending machines are located on the ground floor. The cost for use of the laundry machines is included in your dining plan.
- Dragon Hall is equipped with Laundry View; this allows you to check from the convenience of your room if there are machines available.
- Each floor has a spacious lounge with kitchen.
- There is a study room (conference room) located on the first floor.
- Tables are available in the recreation lounge for studying.
- A water bottle filling station is located on the ground floor.
- The entire building is wireless Internet accessible.
- The student staff office and mailboxes are located on the ground floor.
- The RHD’s office is located on the first floor by the breezeway entrance.
- There is also an exterior storage area where residents can safely store their bikes.
- Dragon Hall is air conditioned.
- An elevator allows access to all floors.
Dragon Hall Room Dimensions
Please be aware that these dimensions are approximate and may vary from room to room.
Measurements are coming soon.
View the Dragon Hall Photo Gallery.
Dragon Hall Staff
Residence Hall Director (RHD)
Dragon Hall is managed by a full-time professional residence hall director (RHD) who both lives and works in the hall.
RHD Office Phone: 607-753-2178
Student Staff Office Phone: 607-753-2177
Resident Assistants (RA)
Each floor has one or two resident assistants, totaling seven RAs in Dragon Hall.
Administrative Assistant (AA)
There is one administrative assistant. This student staff member is responsible for distributing your mail, maintaining the staff office and assisting the RHD with tasks.