Built in 1972, Casey Tower was named to honor the former director of housing at SUNY Cortland, James Casey '53. Casey began working in the college housing office in 1965, continuing there until his death in 1981.
Casey Tower features four-person and six-person suites. Four-person suites have two bedrooms, a bathroom and a lounge. Six-person suites have three bedrooms and larger bathroom and lounge. Suites in these buildings are open to upper-class and new students.
Casey Tower Highlights
- Residents are housed on the 2nd-10th floors.
- The ground floor provides primary accessibility to both Casey and Smith Towers.
- The main floor has a recreation lounge, study lounges, conference room, a student staff office, the RHD offices and student mailboxes.
- The recreation lounge is equipped with a pool table, ping pong table and big screen TVs.
- Vending machines are located on the first floor. You must use your College ID as a form of payment.
- The laundry facilities are located on the first floor. The cost for use is included in your dining plan.
- There is a kitchen located on the first floor equipped with a sink, stove/oven and a microwave.
- The entire building is wireless Internet accessible.
- Casey Tower is open for winter sports athletes over winter break.
Casey Tower Room Dimensions
Please be aware that these dimensions are approximate and may vary from room to room.
four-person suite bedroom
14.9' x 10.6' floor
4.8 x 3.4 window
7.7 x 3.9 x 1.9 closet
four-person suite common area
12.1' x 7.9'
6.4' x 2.7' hallway
3.4' x 10.5' window
six-person suite bedroom
14.6' x 11.8' floor
4.8' x 3.4' window
3.9' x 6.7' x 1.9' closet
six-person suite common area
View the Casey Tower Photo Gallery.
Casey Tower Staff
Residence Hall Director (RHD)
Casey Tower is managed by a full-time professional residence hall director who both lives and works in the hall.
RHD Office Phone: 607-753-4162
Casey Tower Staff Office Phone: 607-753-5475
Resident Assistants (RA)
Each floor has one resident assistant, totaling nine RAs in Casey Tower.
Administrative Assistant (AA)
There is one administrative assistant. This student staff member is responsible for distributing your mail, maintaining the staff office and assisting the RHD with tasks.