Bishop Hall was built in 1958 and was renovated in 2006. The building is named after Maria Bishop who graduated from Cortland in 1881 and headed the School of Practice from 1881-1905.
This low-rise residence hall has three floors with a ground floor that houses residents on one wing and a laundry, a lounge and vending facilities in the other wing. Bishop is a mixed hall that houses both upper-class students and new students in double rooms off a main corridor on each floor.
Bishop Hall Highlights
- On each floor where residents reside, there is a kitchen available to the residents of that floor. It is equipped with a sink, stove/oven and a microwave.
- The recreation lounge located on the first floor has a pool table, ping pong table and big screen TVs.
- The laundry facilities and vending machines are located on the ground floor. The cost for use of laundry machines is included in your dining plan. You use your College ID as a form of payment for the machines.
- The study lounge is located on the first floor.
- There are lounges located on all four floors where students can relax and study outside of their residence hall rooms.
- The student staff office and the RHD’s office are both located on the first floor of Bishop Hall.
- The entire building is wireless Internet accessible.
- Mailboxes are located on the first floor.
- Students participating in the Honor's Program can choose to live here.
Bishop Hall Room Dimensions
Please be aware that these dimensions are approximate and may vary from room to room.
12.8' x 14.7' floor
4' x 6.6' window
3.6' x 6.9' x 2.2' closet
View the Bishop Hall Photo Gallery.
Bishop Hall Staff
Residence Hall Director (RHD)
Bishop Hall is managed by a full-time professional residence hall director (RHD) who both lives and works in the hall.
RHD Office Phone: 607-753-4157
Student Staff Office Phone: 607-753-2616
Resident Assistants (RA)
Each floor has one or two resident assistants, totaling seven RAs in Bishop Hall.
Administrative Assistant (AA)
There is one administrative assistant. This student staff member is responsible for distributing your mail, maintaining the staff office and assisting the RHD with tasks.
Academic Peer Mentor (APM)
There is one academic peer mentor. This student staff member is responsible for assisting you with your academic questions, keeping you aware of academic timelines and offering study groups.