Alger Hall was built in 1967 and was named after Minnie M. Alger who taught music at the College from 1893-1925. Alger Hall underwent a major renovation in 2003, which expanded the different housing options in the hall.
Alger is an eight-story residence hall that houses upper-class and transfer students. Each floor in Alger Hall has two six-person suites comprised of three double rooms and two corridors with both single and double rooms. There are four singles per floor for a total of 28 designed single rooms.
Alger Hall Highlights
- Kitchens are available on each floor. This kitchen is equipped with a sink, stove/oven and a microwave.
- A recreation lounge is located on the first floor and has a pool table, air hockey table, ping pong table, TVs.
- The laundry facilities and vending machines are located on the lower level.
- The cost for use of the laundry machines is included in your dining plan. You need to use your College ID Connections account to pay for vending machine items.
- There are common area spaces located on the first floor and ground floor where you can relax and study outside of your residence hall room.
- Mailboxes are located on the first floor.
- The entire building is wireless Internet accessible.
- An elevator allows access to all floors.
- The second floor offers the Transfer Floor special interest housing option.
- The corridors are co-ed by room.
Alger Hall Room Dimensions
Please be aware that these dimensions are approximate and may vary from room to room.
10.9' x 9.3' floor
5.9' x 3.9' window
12.5' x 13.6' x 9.6' x 13.3' floor
3.9' x 6.8' window
15.1' x 10.3' floor
3.9' x 6.8' window
Suite Common Area
10.7' x 14.7'
14.6' x 5.7' hallway
3.9' x 5.9' window
Each double room in Alger Hall has two closets, one large window and the following furniture: two beds, two desks, and two dressers.
View the Alger Hall Photo Gallery.
Alger Hall Staff
Residence Hall Director (RHD)
Alger Hall is managed by a full-time professional residence hall director (RHD) who both lives and works in Alger Hall.
Angela Brice (e-mail address coming soon)
RHD Office Phone: 607-753-4156
Student Staff Office Phone: 607-753-2624
The RHD office and staff office are located on the first floor of Alger Hall.
Resident Assistants (RA)
Each floor has a resident assistant, totaling seven RAs in Alger Hall.
Administrative Assistant (AA)
There is one administrative assistant. This student staff member is responsible for distributing your mail, maintaining the staff office and assisting the RHD with tasks.