Career Services Office is here to help you – even from a distance!
- Hours and Connect with Career Services – The office is open this summer and the staff is working remotely, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Call us at 607-753-4715 and leave a detailed message with your name and phone number (someone will call you back) or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up appointments or request information. Please connect with us on social media (Instagram, Twitter and Facebook).
- Summer Drop-in Hours - No appointment needed! Every Monday and Thursday from 11 a.m. - 12 noon and from 3 - 4 p.m., stop by our Webex Career Services Virtual Room to check in for a virtual resume or cover letter review, first-come, first served.
- Virtual appointments – are available for conversations about majors and careers, resume and cover letter review, job search/coaching, internships, teacher certification, career assessments, practicing for interviews, applying for graduate school, and more! Set up an appointment by either calling 607-753-4715 OR you may login to Handshake to make an appointment online. Please check your email for communication and confirmation.
- Virtual/ Online Workshops and Events - SUNY Cortland Career Services has added a number of virtual/online summer events to its Events Calendar, including workshops on Speed Resumes, Interviewing for Success, Intro to Handshake and LinkedIn, Teacher Certification Overview, Technology in the Job Search, Let’s Get Ready to Grad School, and AMA (Ask Me Anything Careers). These workshops will each be repeated throughout the summer, so attend the ones that work for you. Pre-registration is available, but not required.
- Student Employment – Students can still apply for summer and fall 2020 positions as they are posted on line at jobs.cortland.edu. Any student who has questions about student employment and/or who is hired for positions in the summer and fall can email any questions about paperwork processing to SES@cortland.edu.
- Internships – If you would like to set up a virtual appointment to discuss CPV 400, COM 399 or ECO 401 internships in the future, please see the instructions above for setting up a virtual appointment. More information is located on the Internships page.
- Virtual Teacher Recruitment Days – Although we had to cancel the on-campus Teacher Recruitment Days 2020, the event has been converted to a virtual event and will remain open through August 30, 2020. Please see more information at the Handshake Fair Link. If you have questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
- Handshake – You’ve heard about Handshake and now is a great time to learn all that this national career networking platform is and can do for you. Please read more, here. Now is a great time to login with your MRD credentials and create your Handshake profile and learn to interact with the Career Services Office online.