Career Services Office is here to help you!
- Hours and connect with Career Services – Regular fall and spring semester office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call us at 607-753-4715 or set up your own appointment in Handshake. You can also connect with us on Instagram. Winter and summer session office hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Drop-in hours - During the academic year (fall/spring semesters), no appointment needed Monday through Thursday, 1 to 3 p.m. Students have the option to stop by in person in Van Hoesen Hall, Room B-5, or access online/virtual or in-person document reviews in our online Career Services Webex Room – first-come, first-served. During fall and spring academic breaks, call for an appointment. During summer and winter breaks, resume and cover letter appointments are available on Handshake or by calling 607-753-4715.
- Professional head shot photos - stop by for a free photo taken in our pop-up studio, taken on your phone, for uploading to online career profiles. Hours are Monday through Thursday 1 to 3 p.m. or other times based on staff availability. Please call 607-753-4715.
- Appointments – are available for conversations about majors and careers, job search/coaching, internships, teacher certification, career assessments, practicing for interviews, applying for graduate school, document reviews, and more! Set up an appointment by calling 607-753-4715 OR using Handshake to make an appointment online. Please check your email for confirmation and appointment details. Students and alumni may choose appointment options of in person or online/virtual.
- Workshops and events - View the full schedule of events on our events page. Pre-registration is available, but not required for most events.
- Student employment – Academic semester positions are posted online at jobs.cortland.edu. Any student who has questions about student employment and/or who is hired for positions can email any questions about paperwork processing to SES@cortland.edu or call 607-753-2223. For more information visit the Student Employment Services page.
- Internships – If you would like to set up an appointment to discuss CPV 400, COM 399, or ECO 401 internships, please see the instructions above for setting up an appointment. More information is located on the Internships page.
- Handshake – Handshake is a gold-standard, national career networking platform. Now is a great time to log in with your myRedDragon credentials and create your Handshake profile and learn to interact with the Career Services Office online.