Career Services Office is here to help you – even from a distance!
- Virtual appointments – are available for conversations about majors and careers, resume and cover letter review, job search/coaching, internships, teacher certification, career assessments, practicing for interviews, applying for graduate school, and more! Set up an appointment by either calling 607-753-4715 and leaving a voicemail (someone will call you back to set up appointments via phone or Skype or WebEx during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) OR you may login to Handshake to make an appointment online. Please check your email for communication and confirmation.
- Student Employment – If you are an on-campus student assistant, you can continue to work remotely on projects and other duties in consultation with your on-campus supervisor. If you are an enrolled work study student who has been actively working, the College will continue to pay their work-study wages. Contact your supervisor for time sheet requirements. Direct deposit of paychecks is recommended, otherwise checks are mailed to the students’ primary addresses on file. Students can still apply for summer and fall 2020 positions as they are posted on line at jobs.cortland.edu. Any student who has questions about student employment and/or who is hired for positions in the summer and fall can direct any question about paperwork processing to SES@cortland.edu.
- Internships – If you are enrolled in an internship coordinated through Career Services, you and your faculty advisor were sent an email on Thursday, March 19 with more details about how to complete your spring 2020 semester. If you would like to set up a virtual appointment to discuss CPV 400, COM 399 or ECO 401 internships in the future, please see the instructions above for setting up a virtual appointment.
- Virtual Teacher Recruitment Days – Although we had to cancel the on-campus Teacher Recruitment Days scheduled for March 30-31, the event has been converted to a virtual event and it will remain open through August 30, 2020. Please see more information at the Handshake Fair Link. If you have questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Handshake – You’ve heard about Handshake and now is a great time to learn all that this national career networking platform is and can do for you. Please read more, here. Now is a great time to login with your MRD credentials and create your Handshake profile and learn to interact with the Career Services Office online!
- Cancellations – Unfortunately, all in-person workshops, alumni career networking events, and in-person document review drop-in hours are cancelled for the remainder of the semester. Tuesday evening resume and cover letter drop-in hours from 4:30-7 p.m. will not take place until further notice.
- Hours and Connect with Career Services – The office is open, and the staff is working remotely, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. You can call us at 607-753-4715 or send email to email@example.com to set up appointments or request information. Please also visit our website. Last but not least, please connect with us on social media (Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @sunycortlandcs.)