Get ready for Commencement!
Join us for a celebration honoring the Class of 2024, with a variety of activities for graduates to participate in. Share your SUNY Cortland spirit by using the hashtag #Cortland24 on your social media posts.
Many activities involve social media. If you do not use social media, or if your account is private, you can also email images to firstname.lastname@example.org to be posted on the Campus Event Management Instagram page.
Photography and pricing
If you would like to order prints, please follow instructions below:
- Grad Images is the official photographer at your graduation ceremony.
- Your photos will be available to view and order by visiting their website.
- Simply enter your last name and SUNY Cortland as your school name.
- Once you see your name, go to the link to view your photos.
- If you need additional help to locate your photos, call our customer service department at 800-261-2576 or email.
Commencement Cam online video stream
Families and friends who cannot attend Commencement will be able to watch their graduate participate through our online “Commencement Cam” livestream. The video of Commencement will also be available for viewing after the event has concluded.
Use SUNY Cortland GIFs to add to your favorite selfies and photos.
Follow @specialeventscortland on Instagram and use #Cortland24 when posting.
Enter to win or view what other Red Dragons create using #CortlandCap2024 and #Cortland24. Contest closes at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 3, 2024.
Cortland Caps Contest Categories
- Best in SUNY Cortland Spirit
- Most Creative
- Most Inspiring/Meaningful
- Most Humorous
- Best in Show — Grand prize
The “Best in Show” cap will be selected to win the grand prize:
- SUNY Cortland diploma frame
- VIP Seating at Commencement for up to four (4) guests
The winner of each category will receive a prize package of Cortland gear and will be notified via social media and/or by email. All entries will be featured on social media.
Supplies you'll need
- Cap and/or banner
- No cap or banner? No problem!
- You may create your own cap or banner using a piece of paper, cardboard, cardstock or other preferred material.
- Decoration materials (e.g., paint, markers, vinyl, glitter, stickers, etc.)
- Please note: Entries must be handcrafted and original.
- Collect all of your materials, find inspiration and put your creative thinking cap on!
Submit your design
Contest closes at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 3, 2024. Winners will be announced at Commencement and on social media and will be contacted regarding details on how to receive their prize.
Eligibility and rules
- All members of the SUNY Cortland Class of 2024 are eligible and encouraged to participate.
- Cap must be original and handcrafted/created by the person who submits it. Submissions must be made by the creator.
- Any cap designs and or photos referencing drugs or alcohol or including profanity or nudity will be disqualified.
- By participating in this contest, you grant SUNY Cortland permission to use submitted content for marketing and advertising purposes.
- Prizes may be delivered at a later date.
Senior Send-Off 2024
Thursday, May 2, 2024
5 to 9 p.m.
Lynne Parks '68 SUNY Cortland Alumni House
29 Tompkins Street
Cortland, NY 13045
The Student Alumni Association (SAA) and SUNY Cortland Alumni Association invite all graduating members of the Class of 2024 to a Senior Send-Off celebration where we will send you off in style!
The event is free to attend for grads and will include free food, raffle prizes, a photo booth, photos with President Bitterbaum from 5 to 8 p.m., lawn games, a DJ and a cash bar.
This event is sponsored by the Student Alumni Association and the SUNY Cortland Alumni Association.