- All guests in attendance will be required to wear a face covering.
- Please visit the COVID-19 Safety page for additional updates.
Prior to the Ceremony
- Guests do not need tickets for the Graduate Ceremony.
- If you requested Guest Assistance, be sure to check your email for a confirmation and further instructions regarding parking and/or seating.
- Make a plan with your graduate about where to meet after the ceremony.
- Wear comfortable shoes. The ceremony is held in Alumni Arena (ice arena). Half of the seating available is in bleachers and moving up and down the bleachers may be necessary.
Arriving on Campus at the Park Center
- Parking is available in the lots surrounding the Park Center. University Police will be on-site to direct traffic and assist with parking.
- Doors open at 6 p.m.
- There will be two entrances for the ceremony, one located on the main level of the Park Center and one upstairs near Poolside. Elderly guests and others who should not be going down bleacher steps should avoid the upstairs entrance. Students will report to the Gymnasium upstairs. Ushers will be available throughout the Park Center to direct guests to the appropriate locations.
- Programs will be distributed at the entrance to the ceremony.
Seating in Park Center Alumni Arena
- All seating is general admission; available on a first-come, first-served basis. Seating is available in chairs on the floor and in bleachers around the Arena. All guests must be seated for the ceremony.
- There are some reserved seating areas. In general, any seat that has a program on it is reserved for faculty, staff or students. Accessible seating is in a designated area. Guests will receive a special pass for these seats.
- The processional will begin promptly at 7 p.m. Students will enter the Arena through the main floor entrance and up through the center aisle. Please stand when the processional begins and keep all aisles clear of people and belongings.
- Each student will have his/her name read and photographs will be taken of them crossing the stage.
After the Ceremony
- Please remain standing for the recessional. The platform party, faculty and students will all exit the Arena.
- Meet your graduate in the designated locations. Generally, students will be escorted by the student line marshals to the gymnasium.
- A photography backdrop will be available in the gymnasium during the reception. There are several locations around campus that make for great photo backgrounds as well. Our Facilities Operations and Services staff does a tremendous job preparing the campus for Commencement Weekend.
Graduate Commencement Reception
The university looks forward to celebrating the success of the Class of 2022 at a Graduate Commencement Reception in Park Center, Corey Gymnasium immediately following the ceremony. All students, guests, faculty and staff are invited to attend this event.