Sociology - Anthropology
Dual Major in Adolescence Education: Social Studies and Anthropology (7-12)
If your goal is to teach social studies in grades 7-12, you can combine a major in anthropology with additional course work and professional teacher preparation with this dual major program.
- Junior high and high school teacher
- Teaching adolescence social studies
- Professional schools such as law or social work
- Government and non-profit agencies and organizations
What Will I Learn?
- You’ll study the various anthropological fields of archaeology, physical or biological anthropology and linguistic and cultural anthropology.
- You’ll take courses in economics, geography and history as part of the social studies curriculum.
- Student teaching in grades 7-12