Recreation, Parks and Leisure Studies
Contribute to the health and well being of individuals and their communities with a major in recreation. A foundation in liberal arts, leadership, human relations and management skills, will help prepare you for a variety of career opportunities. With a high employment rate (more than 95 percent of graduates), recreation is your golden ticket to excellence after graduation.
- Parks and recreation director
- Activity director
- YWCA/YMCA director
- Camp director
What Will I Learn?
- Choose a curriculum focused on working with youth or older adults.
- Resourcefulness, service-learning and independent thinking in and out of the classroom
- SUNY Cortland offers graduate programs in recreation.
- The department is one of the oldest and most highly respected programs in the United States.
- Nationally and internationally recognized faculty committed to students.
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with these opportunities such as internships and fieldwork in parks, hospitals, recreation departments and other settings in the U.S. and abroad.
Student Clubs and Activities
Rho Phi Lambda