SUNY Cortland Garden Advisory Committee Responsibilities
- Create and help maintain gardens and edible landscaping in consultation with Facilities Management.
- Integrate garden and edible landscaping planning into the College’s Sustainability, Climate Action, and Facilities Master Plans in consultation with Facilities Management.
- Coordinate educational programs around the topics of gardens and edible landscaping.
- Facilitate educational use of college gardens in classroom activities, service-learning, and interactions with the community.
- Organize faculty, staff, students, and community members to assist with gardening.
- Coordinate the College's Bee Campus USA activities.
Intern For Us
The Committee will attempt to fund and hire a paid intern each growing season to help with the Model Gardens. Responsibilities will include:
- Publicize the Garden
- Plan and implement educational programs
- Coordinate volunteers
- Maintain the Garden
- Support Bee Campus USA programming
Sarah Beshers, Committee Chair: Professor, Health
Laurence Cohenno, Head Ground Supervisor, Facilities, Operations and Services
Jacqueline Dyke: Assistant Professor, Recreation, Parks and Leisure Studies Department
Beth Klein: Professor, Childhood/Early Childhood Education and Campus Sustainability Coordinator
Josh McLaughlin: Facilities, Operations and Services
Louise Mahar, Assistant Director for Fitness, Recreational Sports