The mission of SUNY Cortland College Archives is to support the College community by collecting, preserving, organizing, and providing research and educational opportunities regarding the materials documenting the history of SUNY Cortland.
Researchers may request historical materials to view within the College Archives. In order to gain access to these materials, a researcher must first make an appointment with the Archivist & Instructional Services Librarian. All visits are by appointment only. Below are some standard guidelines and practices.
- All researchers will be required to log in at each visit.
- There are no scheduled walk-in hours for the archives.
- Materials do no circulate.
- Space in the reading room is provided for the researchers to examine materials.
- A separate space will be provided to store personal belongings.
- Due to preservation concerns, food & drink are prohibited from the reading room.
- Researchers will be provided with pencil and paper for note taking if they need it.
- Photocopying/scanning of materials may be possible with assistance from the Archivist.
- The researcher agrees to publish no portion of archival material referenced without first obtaining permission.
- The researcher assumes sole responsibility for any infringement of literary rights, copyrights or other legal rights related to the material.
- Citations should refer to the SUNY Cortland College Archives.
- When finished, materials will be returned to the Archivist for shelving.
Please view the full archives collection policy for more details. You may contact us at Library.Archives@cortland.edu with any questions to schedule an appointment. For additional information and resources please visit the College Archives Research Guide.