Online and Distance Education Concerns

Online Learning Concerns

Concerns or complaints resulting from distance education courses, activities, and operations may be submitted to the SUNY Cortland Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs for investigation and resolution. If a student is dissatisfied with the campus-based resolution, a concern may be submitted to System Administration of the State University of New York.

For concerns on grading or other class related issues, students should follow academic channels (department chair, dean of school).  The Student Conduct Office and Division of Student Affairs handle any concerns related to student conduct.


SUNY Cortland Academic Policies are outlined in the College Catalog and students should utilize the most current catalog for updated policies. Contact information for all departments and offices are available in the Offices and Departments Listing page.

Prospective and Current SUNY Student Concerns

How to File a Complaint About a College or University (NYSED Complaint Guidance)

SUNY Cortland Handbook

Academic Grievance System