The Student Government Association acts as the voice of the student body here at SUNY Cortland. Its dedicated staff and elected officers act as liaisons to the administration in order to address student concerns. The SGA Executive Board consists of ten students; three of which are elected by the student body in April, and the remaining seven are appointed by the elected officers or Senate shortly after the elections.The SGA Executive Board utilizes the Student Senate to solicit campus issues. The primary duty of these student leaders is to persistently work on improving the SUNY Cortland campus.
SGA funding comes from the Student Activity Fee (SAF). Each student pays the SAF, which is $110 every semester. The fee allows Student Government to fund over 50 clubs and organizations which exist to educate and create programming to enhance the campus community. The SGA funds scholarships, recreational sports, NYPIRG, The Learning Center tutoring, Cortland Connect and student advocacy efforts. Every year the SGA Executive Board also sponsors several events that are open to all students, faculty, staff and community members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (607)753-4816 to schedule an appointment.
SGA Constitution (PDF)
SGA Bylaws (PDF)
- To work effectively as a group in decision making and problem solving.
- To strengthen relationships with other offices and departments on campus.
- To get students more involved in the Student Government Association and the campus community as a whole.
- To increase programming to encourage students to join clubs/organizations and/or participate in campus activities to create an awesome educational and social college experience.
- To increase community involvement.
- To research other Student Governments to help us to continue to evolve.