New Students

New Student Requirements/Student Health Service Web Portal

Submit Your Required Health Forms

Access the Student Health Web Portal through MyRedDragon (MRD). Navigate to the Student Page of MRD and scroll down. On the bottom right side of the page is the link to the Student Health Web Portal. All of the required forms are there for you to complete online. Click on the "Forms" link on the left hand menu of the portal homepage. You can complete and submit most forms online. Some you will need to print, sign, and return to Student Health Service. The requirements are outlined below.

Print this page for your reference while you are completing the forms.

  • Health History Form
    • This form is REQUIRED for ALL undergraduates, intercollegiate athletes, and international students. It is not required for graduate students unless you are also an International student or an intercollegiate athlete.
  • Immunizations Form
    • Submission of complete immunization records by mail or fax is REQUIRED.  Deadline for submission of immunization records is July 1 for incoming Fall semester students and Dec 1 for incoming Spring semester students.
    • Immunization requirements include Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Meningitis.
    • Measles, Mumps and Rubella requirements are met through ONE of the following:
      • Born before 1/1/1957 or
      • Two doses of MMR vaccine or
      • Two doses of Measles and one dose of Mumps and one dose of Rubella vaccines or
      • Documented (by written proof from a physician) history of the disease(s) or
      • Blood titers showing immunity (proof of vaccination is preferred over using titers).
    • The Meningitis immunization requirement is met by completing the meningitis vaccine waiver form (Preferred) or by providing proof of immunization within 5 years.
  • High Risk Tuberculosis Screen
    • This form is REQUIRED for ALL UNDERGRADUATE and INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.  However, most do NOT need a PPD or other TB test done. You only need a PPD test done IF you have a risk for TB such as: having spent significant time in any of the countries listed on the form, any of the other risk factors listed on the form, or any symptoms of active TB. If you have any of these risk factors you must have a PPD or other testing done (up to the discretion of your health care provider). If you have a positive PPD, IGRA test or if you have any symptoms of active TB then you MUST have a Chest X-ray performed.
      Please send results of any testing done (PPD, IGRA and/or Chest X-ray) to SHS as soon as possible.
      Chest X-ray reports MUST be written in English.

Downloadable Forms

These can be printed out, completed/signed and mailed to SHS.

  • Consent for Minor Patient (PDF)
    (Required only for students who will be under 18 upon arriving to campus.)
  • Physical Exam Forms
    • Preparticipation Physical Evaluation: Required ONLY for Intercollegiate Athletes (NCAA). Per NCAA guidelines, must be based on a physical performed within 6 months of beginning your sport activity (try-outs or practices).  IMPORTANT: If you are an NCAA athlete,your physical MUST be documented on this form, you can download the required Preparticipation Physical form (PDF).
    • International Student Physical Exam: Required only for International students who are playing an Intercollegiate (NCAA) sport.  If you are an international student and you will be playing an intercollegiate sport, you must complete the Preparticipation Physical form above.
  • Notice of Privacy Practices: (for all students) required only before being seen or treated at SHS.  Note that per  NYS Law, information about treatment at SHS cannot be shared with anyone (including parents) without the patient's signed consent.
  • Agreement to Treatment (for all students) required only before being seen or treated at SHS.

Contact Us

Student Health Service
Van Hoesen Hall, Room B-26
SUNY Cortland
P.O. Box 2000
Cortland, NY 13045
Phone: 607-753-4811
Fax: 607-753-2486