Transfer Admissions

The following forms and informational guides are for matriculated, degree seeking, international students only. In addition to completing the following forms, application for admission should be processed through either the Undergraduate or Graduate Admission Offices.

School Transfer SEVIS Eligibility Form

Transfer Instructions

I-20 Request Form

What You Need to do Before Coming to Campus

  1. Notify your international student advisor at your current school of your intention to transfer to SUNY Cortland.

  2. Schedule a “release date” with your current international student advisor for your F-1 record to be transferred to SUNY Cortland. Your SUNY Cortland Form I-20 cannot be issued until after this release date has been reached (unless you are traveling to your home country before reporting to us).  IMPORTANT: If you are completing (or have completed) your program of study, or Optional Practical Training (OPT), you only have a 60-day period following this completion to have your F-1 record transferred out to us. Your F-1 student status ends 60 days after you complete your program of study or OPT!

  3. Complete the attached F-1 Transfer Information and submit it to International Programs Office as soon as possible.

  4. Complete our I-20 Request Form and submit it with all required documentation to this office by email or mail.

International Programs Office

Daniela Baban Hurrle, Director

Old Main, Room 219
P.O. Box 2000
Cortland, NY 13045
Phone: +1-607-753-2209
Fax: +1-607-753-5989

8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Monday - Friday

Email International Programs Office