The Business Office, as part of the Division of Finance and Management, provides a full array of financial and administrative services to the campus community in support of departmental objectives and the University mission. As part of our responsibility, we serve as liaison with external vendors and various State and Federal agencies, and are accountable for fiscal compliances of all transactions, reporting, and obligations of the University.
The mission of the Business Office is to provide financial and administrative support, protection of institutional resources, and exceptional customer service to help attain the SUNY Cortland mission.
- Ensure excellence in service to student and non-student clientele, emphasizing credibility, timeliness, accuracy, fairness, with a positive approach "as each of us would wish to be served."
- Provide quality financial services in support of campus programs through the various Business Office operational areas, including transaction processing, analysis and advice, ensuring compliances and procedural integrity, gaining best value and extending equitable treatment.
- Act on behalf of the institution for certification of all financial transactions, agreements, and contracts under the jurisdiction of the State of New York as proper and in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and procedures.
- Anticipate change, evolving trends, regulations, opportunities, and techniques which could affect the office and the institution, providing early-alerts and depth analyses, being especially sensitive to primary impact, secondary impact, and long-term consequences of planned or potential actions.
- Ensure that Business Office and institutional practices meet the highest standards of educational, administrative, and business ethics, reflecting the College's responsibilities to its community and to the public trust.
Jody Maroney - Assistant Vice President for Finance
Rhonda McLaughlin - Administrative Assistant 1