Many great SUNY Cortland stories begin with a memorable acceptance letter. A financial aid package follows notifying students of different funding opportunities. The latter should be taken as a vote of confidence and a sign of the commitment to affordability.
Scholarships, awards, grants and stipends annually enrich the entire campus community by attracting a diverse selection of students. These include high achievers in the classroom, families with limited means to afford higher education and future Red Dragons with special talents, to name just a few.
- More than 5,400 SUNY Cortland students qualify for some form of financial aid.
- Cortland is proud to participate in New York state’s Excelsior Scholarship program, an ambitious effort to offset tuition costs for qualifying middle-class families.
- Besides merit scholarships that are awarded at the time of acceptance, SUNY Cortland also offers endowed scholarships for which students may apply. They range in amount, starting at $500, and more information can be found on the scholarships page.
In the past decade, the Cortland College Foundation has approximately doubled the financial incentives to prospective and current students to offset tuition and other educational expenses.
SUNY Cortland Future New Yorker Award
If you’re considering attending SUNY Cortland from outside New York state, you need to know about the SUNY Cortland Future New Yorker Award.
- It’s worth up to $6,000 per academic year.
- All matriculated undergraduate and graduate students who reside outside of New York state can receive it, provided they meet some basic criteria.
- It’s meant to ease the cost of out-of-state tuition and no application is necessary.